Command Request XxZachxX

XxZachxX

Account Name: XxZachxX

Requested Commands:
 To have the tag Nick: removed (IF POSSIBLE) when having a nickname

Reason for Request: It is annoying to have the extra thing on my name to represent that I have a nickname but also that a lot of people are calling me Nick because it says Nick: Zach and they don't read the Zach part. So if I could have this removed that would be cool, if its not possible that's OK.

Sorry Zach, from what I've heard having the (Nick) is always going stay when you use a nickname, it makes it easier on players to determine whether you're using a nick or not. I have noticed players call people "Nick", It does get annoying but its just something you must put up with. I have asked about it myself once and it was denied.

As far as I’m aware this is a global setting in essentials, and cannot be removed from a single user. Besides, the point of nick is to prevent impersonations and it’s actually more important than you think- for the server.

I agree with how it is now, " Nick " isn't that bad, and having a [N] tag will likely cause more confusions than anything else.
Not to mention the chance of impersonating is also bigger in this case, compared to how it is now

Henk, I don't understand how impersonating would be an issue with [N] its basically an abbreviated version of Nick:, also I do not think impersonation would be an issue, since they cannot use the players name anyways because its already taken. You would still have something that shows the person has a nickname just not Nick: its [N]. 

Using [N] as you suggested could be misunderstood as a rank as the ranks Currently use the [ ] brackets , therefor just adding more confusion to the whole tag/rank system. Impersonations will have a much higher success rate if this [N] was to be used.  

Sorry if you disagree with what I've said but it's how I see this. 

Again maybe just keep your name without a nick or be happy with the current system. It's here for a reason.  

Archived