[Complaint] (EPICFighters)

Archmaestro

If you do not use this model, your topic will be locked.

Copy and paste this model to start the process of your complaint.

Title: [Complaint] (Player Name)

In-Game Nickname: (EPICFighters, any other staff who agreed with his decision to grief our town)

Time and date: Before October 13th

Description of what happened: Our town has been needlessly griefed by a staff member, EPICFighters. This is not the first time my town or a town I'm a member of has been griefed by this member of staff. Many of our claim blocks have been deleted - the reason is relatively unknown. I read the post where he even stated a solution that he did not implement and instead opted to completely destroy our town. It is unlikely that we will be able to build our straight particle accelerator now due to indiscretion by inexperienced staff. I believe this violates rule #20: Use common sense. Anyone with permission to change permissions in the town as an administrator of the server should use small and noninvasive solutions before jumping to destructive ones like unclaiming a significant portion of our town. It would have taken less effort to change our town's permission to allow people to enter and then instruct us to change the permission on the larger claim area if we wanted people to stay out of it (so they couldn't grief it). Our town spawn was also removed for unknown reasons - which lead me to make this post. I wouldn't have complained had our wall just been destroyed, but he had to kick us while we were down and make it so we couldn't get to our own town.

The map reset isn't even a week old. It's no shit that we haven't built the particle accelerator that we wanted to build yet. I'm a seasoned veteran of this server and I know many ways to do awesome stuff and be completely legit. The fact that I had to show someone who's supposed to be a GAME MASTER how to do something completely legitimate should be more than enough reason to overrule this decision and demote him until he learns the ins and outs of the server. 

I think it's also worth noting that EPICFighters has the power to lock this topic without allowing discussion into the matter, so it should be common sense that he and other staff not lock this until others (including regular players) have weighed in. It's also unknown how many inexperienced staff gave the same opinion just to have someone to agree with, so I propose the following: Each of these members of staff should be able to prove their competency in tekkit by answering simple questions that anyone who has played the game to the end (reaching a high level of technology) would be able to answer. This should include questions about ComputerCraft too - however, many people don't mess with ComputerCraft because there is code involved. I think only the staff who hold power to make decisions about the server should have to answer those questions... they are supposed to be able to help the players on the server... right? 

Screenshots or Proof: (See previous complaints about The_Wall)

List of eyewitnesses: (They should also make a post below)

Anyone who has seen the complaints about The_Wall

If your complaint has been found void, do not make another one!

Thanks for your help keeping our servers clean.

If we’re being honest here you and members of Scorp as well as Reich have been trying to complain against staff only recently, I believe it is because you do not like them defending TIK enforcing rules and such, so to me this seems like a targeted attack on those who try to help those who are being verbally attacked/ harassed, staff. Because of the recent events of destroying “The wall” it was quite obvious what you were trying to with it, as you were blocking part of the map to others who weren’t in your town, and or had access to your base, also just because players can enter your base does not mean they can grief it, as you put it, unless you know a way how to, which you should then report it to the staff you are complaining against.

3 minutes ago, Always_Ein said:

I believe it is because you do not like them defending TIK enforcing rules and such

There is no proof of this. I only complain when a legitimate concern arises. I will participate in actual banter in global chat to ensure the staff are able to handle people not liking them or criticizing their actions. Nobody wants an admin that gets offended easily. It's important for the health of the server to make sure our staff are able to make sound judgement calls, even under pressure. 

10 minutes ago, Always_Ein said:

just because players can enter your base does not mean they can grief it

This is untrue. If someone can gain physical access to our base then they can do many things to grief it. I will refrain from posting these methods as it is not yet necessary to reveal them so a custom script/plugin can be made to prevent it. 

13 minutes ago, Always_Ein said:

it was quite obvious what you were trying to with it, as you were blocking part of the map to others who weren’t in your town

It is literally impossible for us to block part of the map from other players outside of our claim. They have random teleport signs at spawn. Not everyone wants to walk to the edge of the map from spawn. If they do and they aren't smart enough to use the signs at spawn, then they have 3 other directions they can walk in.

I too would like to add, that our town was cleared by none other than.... Epicfighters in a previous complaint made by regular player on the server, who was in fact, complaining about the exact same thing, yet when an ex-staff member(emphasis on the EX), makes the exact same complaint, now all of a sudden we're breaking a rule? I find this to be very disheartening, we were never asked a single time to change the permissions on our town to allow crossing and in fact epicfighters deliberately stated in the previous complaint forum post that we were NOT breaking any rules, furthermore i'd like to point out that your rule #20 should not be actionable in any way if broken due to being completely subjective in nature, and to use this very situation as an example, the staff member who ended up stepping in clearly has no clue what he is doing based on how he has flip-flopped on a single subject within days.

link to proof: 

Probably a good time for a response now. I have read through all of your comments and they seem quite fair.

For starters, when the first complaint happened, I'm going to be honest, I didn't even bother looking at your town. My thought process in that matter was "hey look, their rival complained about their town being 400 chunks long" and I didn't even think much of it at the time since there are towns that quite large (I admit this was most likely not the best response to that problem, and I take full responsibility for that). However, when the second complaint occurred that had nothing with your clan rivalries I looked into the matter more thoroughly and noticed that you had indeed had claimed in a straight line that went on for hundreds of chunks. My reasoning for removing that claim was explained in that topic. This had nothing to do with him being ex-staff, I don't even know the guy personally.

To remove that claim I deleted both towns and remade your main once which had real players in it (not rurede's ALTs) and added you back. However, as you noticed, I did forget to set town spawn again which I admit was (obviously) my fault, so sorry about that. Concerning the money you spent to claim the land, yes I can easily add it back to your accounts, I didn't do it at the time since I did not know who had actually claimed the land since both Mayor and Assistants can claim, so please inform me (or another GM) of who needs money refunding and it will gladly be added back.

10 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

This is not the first time my town or a town I'm a member of has been griefed by this member of staff

The fact that I had to show someone who's supposed to be a GAME MASTER how to do something completely legitimate should be more than enough reason to overrule this decision and demote him until he learns the ins and outs of the server. 

I would like to talk about this as it's quite insulting and wasn't particularly needed. The first time I "griefed" your town was because you had bedrock in an unnatural place, I informed other staff and was advised to remove it, also I am pretty sure I was a new admin at the time. I'm not saying this to take heat off of me, even if not advised I most likely would of removed it anyway. Just to note, the only thing I removed was the bedrock, nothing else. Your lasers and the rest were placed into a chest next to your bottom lasers, I did that because the laser drills tend to destroy blocks underneath them after being powered. I didn't want your bottom laser drills to be destroyed. It's not my fault you couldn't see a bright blue chest with a sign, that I even showed you after you complained. Would also like to point out that at the time I had never actually used spatial storage and therefore didn't think of this. You also had creative friends and therefore it was better to remove it first and then ask for proof later, which I did and would do again (if the player was not online).

Lets move on to your "staff experience" problem. If we were to have a requirement for a staff member to know absolutely everything about the modpack before joining the staff team then we would literally have no staff as the players would either need to have played tekkit for a long time, or done extensive research into the modpack to learn everything. 

they are supposed to be able to help the players on the server... right? 

Yes, it does require knowledge of the modpack to help a player however, as stated above, we wouldn't really have any staff if we required them to know everything before joining. There is a limited amount you must know about the modpack, if you know nothing then you most likely wont be chosen, but I imagine you would have actually played the modpack before actually applying for staff. In this sense, as a staff member you learn on the job, if someone needs help with something you don't know about then you would research to find a solution. Regarding what has been previously said, after knowing about the method you showed I now know it can be done and have kept this in mind for the future (I thank thee). 

Many of you keep talking about rule 20 (common sense). I don't believe I had actually punished any of you for the town you had made, I simply removed it and continued with my life, so complaining about a rule that wasn't even applied is a bit.....pointless.

1 hour ago, EPICfighters said:

I don't believe I had actually punished any of you for the town you had made

This is golden right here. Taking away legitimate hard work isn't punishing someone? Amazing. I'll be sure to put that in the review I'm doing of this server. 

For starters, when the first complaint happened, I'm going to be honest, I didn't even bother looking at your town

Need more be said? 

To remove that claim I deleted both towns and remade your main once which had real players in it

So you're telling me there wasn't a solution like... changing permissions to allow people to walk through the town?

I would like to talk about this as it's quite insulting and wasn't particularly needed.

Oh, I think people need to know how much and how big you fuck up. I did the same thing to another former member of staff because they literally used their staff powers to grief people on a PVP server. What makes you think he wouldn't have done that on this server? 

My reasoning for removing that claim was explained in that topic.

If you kill someone or take something of theirs, then stating any "reason" does not mean there were not better solutions that were readily available to you. Your logic is terrible. 

That would be like me ordering something off of the server and not getting it then calling the police and having them arrest Brunyman for theft by deception. It's better to just do the worst possible thing now than it is to make a support post... said no rational person EVER. It's not like I'm unable to just charge back the payment... or wait until I got an answer from a member of the support team. 

Are you going to continue ignoring the fact that you could have very easily changed the town's outsider permission node? Your continued use of "shoot now, ask questions later" will cause this server more casualties in the future and the fact that you still have power on this server should concern anyone whose job it is to filter out bad staff. 

Out of respect for how long this server has been running, I'll give you one week starting now to rectify this situation in an acceptable manner. It is your fault that we lost all of those claim blocks which are likely to have been taken by now, especially considering how spiteful our rivals are, so it is also now your responsibility to move all of those towns and give us our claimed chunks back. None of this would have happened if you simply changed the permission node for the whole town or even asked either Nhess60 or myself to change it.

Out of respect for your childish actions I shall give thee a clap *clap clap* you seem to have me all figured out. But let me clear one thing up. Yes I could of simply just changed the permission to allow people to enter, what a great mistake I've made deleting your town. Yeah, no. The reason (as I stated in the comment I made in that topic) for removing that town was because it was preventing people from claiming around those chunks (which was hundreds of chunks long) and people were complaining.

You say I could of just changed the perm to allow people to enter so they would be able to get past however, your plan for that claim was to make a giant wall covering the entire claim. Now, don't try to lie saying you weren't and say you was going to build a PA, like you previous said, your town member told me himself you was going to build a wall. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure a walls purpose is to...wait for it...stop people from passing through....right?

The way you are acting towards this matter is very immature, I still don't see any purpose in making a town that covers hundreds of chunks in a straight line to build a wall. What was you going to do after that? Make a dam?

2 hours ago, Archmaestro said:

Oh, I think people need to know how much and how big you fuck up. I did the same thing to another former member of staff because they literally used their staff powers to grief people on a PVP server. What makes you think he wouldn't have done that on this server?

In this case, I don't go around griefing towns and Pvping with my "amazing staff powers" since of cause, this would violate our server rules. I do however uphold these rules and remove items that could potentially break them or remove items that are causing problems. For example, your bedrock (which was replace mind you since you proved otherwise).

I do agree with the "one week to rectify this situation". Within this week I will have given back the money you spent on claiming those chunks and carried on with my life. Though to be honest, I bet within this one week time limit I will have most likely done a lot more, but probably not towards you directly. I do however need the names of the players who spent money and making those claims.

P.S. I don't take threats lightly.

7 minutes ago, EPICfighters said:

P.S. I don't take threats lightly.

Are you implying I've threatened you in some way? Keep up what you're doing and more people will make bad, truthful reviews about the way this server is run. 

You're going to give us back what you stole - something you didn't do the first time that you griefed my town... or, you won't, and I can't do much other than make forum posts. I never got that bedrock back. It wasn't in the chest that had my stuff from the laser drills. The other staff are starting to target me with rules I haven't broken - a sign that you are losing this battle. You better keep your buddies in line before they lose their staff rank too. Hopefully someone like Henk or Bruny steps in and nips this bad staff behavior in the bud before more people are affected. 

In the end, I can't really do much other than write a bad review. Maybe people will see that they might purchase something off of this server and lose it because a staff member was having a bad day and wanted to take it out on regular players. Maybe they won't. I know one thing though: It's not going to be just me writing a bad review.... The best part? There's all solid proof of this. You admitting you were wrong about the bedrock... you admitting you didn't do your job and investigate a complaint properly... etc. I'm not lying - and the truth isn't disrespectful. If it's disrespectful to tell the truth about what a specific staff member did, then you can just ban me now. I'll never stop telling people about how you griefed my town and didn't even bother to set everything back up. 

What's your problem, man? Why are you acting like that? 

You say I have a problem....that's ironic.

I didn't refund your bedrock because when I said "I can put it back for you" you said "nah don't bother I'm leaving the server anyway"...so what? You going to complain because you told me not to.....funny.

3 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

before they lose their staff rank too

Pretty sure that implies that you are trying you best to get me removed from the staff team, which I class as threats, however, feel free to carry on. I will still and always stick to my opinion on this matter, even if Henk says otherwise I would still uphold my opinion.

You say I stole something? You classing me removing the town as stealing and griefing? Even though I've said multiple times as to why this was done...Now, if there's something else I'm missing here then feel free to fill me in on what exactly I have "stolen" from you.

7 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

you admitting you didn't do your job and investigate a complaint properly.

Yes, I fully admit that I did not fully investigate the first complaint thoroughly, but you want to know something funny. You are nit picking at my 1 tiny thing I did wrong (which was not act towards your town on the first complaint) however, you are not complaining about me taking action on the second complaint. So what do you want? To complain that I didn't take action on the first complaint, or complain that I took action on the second one? Either way, that town still would of have removed....so make a choice.

You seem to be the one who has a problem, you're complaint seems to be flawed in my eyes now. Instead of complaining about loss of land you are steadily starting to nit pick and everything a staff member has done or said, even in game you are constantly bashing at the staff. Make up your mind and stop being childish.

I have a problem when you fail to provide meaningful action on one complaint and then you completely go berserk in a knee-jerk reaction to another complaint. There was a very simple solution to both of these complaints - You change town permissions. Can't get across the town? Change the permission node for outsiders to allow them to enter. Can't claim close? Heh... Enable close-claim in those chunks. That's not once, not twice, but 3 times I've had to give you these solutions instead of letting you come up with them on your own. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Before you even tell me that it would have been easy for us to change the permissions back: Yes, we could have done that. THEN, and ONLY THEN, would removing the town be justified. Heck, even a ban at that point. No town and no access to the server for a few days. 

I don't recall telling you to not build the bedrock - if this was true, then why didn't you include the bedrock in the chest you left for me? Why should it have even been a question for whether I wanted you to fix something you intentionally broke? The more mistakes you make, the less believable your cries of innocence and "not knowing better" are.

One tiny thing you did wrong? If I had done anything similar to what you've done, I'd have been banned for griefing. Removing town chunks - as an assistant, that is possible. BOOM - griefing. Removing items or structures that are legitimately obtained from a town - as a regular member with build permissions. BOOM - griefing. 

I'm new and all, so I don't understand the full story. 

But from my point of view, I truly never had an issue with "The Wall", people complaining about not being able to claim around that area have the whole server at the other side to claim. There's no reason, without giving full heads up to delete the town.  It's just a game and by deleting the Town, you could be decreasing the player base by loosing donated players. And you've refunded zero resources of the TownDeleted? I think that's classed as a bit of griefing 

1 minute ago, Ramma said:

you could be decreasing the player base by loosing donated players

I guess they don't care much because they got what they wanted out of these people - their money. It is, after all, a donation. Getting banned for no reason or having that donation rank taken away from you for no reason isn't actionable unless there's arbitration involved. Who's gonna spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer because you didn't get something you paid money for? hmm... I might know someone who actually would do that. Thanks for the idea Ramma. 

Let's just hope Bruny/Henk have more common sense than to allow their staff to continue making destructive mistakes. 

I'm a long-term donor and community member across multiple servers, so they've already gotten what they wanted out of me. I've even donated this wipe even. 

Allow me to address a few points.

1. You're concerned about the wall being built even though we would have our perms set to enter. Why is this? It's not like we are playing a modpack which has arguably the easiest access to flight. Oh wait. Why is a physical wall even an issue? 

2. We're not threatening you. We are pointing out broken logic and trying to get back something that we spent hours of our own time and effort to make a reality.

Everything Epic has done is for the better of the server, everyone can make a mistake once in a while, but I’m sure if he did something henk and bruny didn’t like then he wouldn’t be a GM still would he? And considering he still is, I see that what he did was for the better of the server, and for those players yet to play on Craftersland. If you can’t handle your own mistakes on the server, then more then likely you shouldn’t play on it.

If this relates to a staff member of the server that I play on, then it is my business to make sure what’s said is true, and to make sure he doesn’t get harassed by those who constantly try to con people out of everything they’ve done, and to make sure that epic, one of the greatest staff I’ve seen) isn’t wrongly accused.

5 minutes ago, Ramma said:
8 minutes ago, Always_Ein said:

then it is my business to make sure what’s said is true

Plus a normal player can't decide what's true or not, due to you not being a GM or Manager in the sense they make the bigger decisions by themselves, so your business to make sure it's true is invalid, but if it contains your name and clan then sure make your point, but if it doesn't please don't ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Always_Ein said:

It shouldn’t matter if your a donor or not, the punishment is always he same for every player, no matter who they are. If you are to break rules it should be that you be punished.

I agree. It should also not matter if you are staff - the punishment should be the same. However, if you don't break rules but get punished for breaking rules then something needs to be done. You should also not be punished for insulting staff if they do something that gave them a reason to be insulted, like punishing someone for a rule they haven't broken. In the real world, this is called entrapment

5 minutes ago, Archmaestro said:

I agree. It should also not matter if you are staff - the punishment should be the same. However, if you don't break rules but get punished for breaking rules then something needs to be done. You should also not be punished for insulting staff if they do something that gave them a reason to be insulted, like punishing someone for a rule they haven't broken. In the real world, this is called entrapment

Actually it’s not, if they falsely punish you you don’t insult staff you take it with a cool head and try your best to get everything sorted out, instead you constantly call staff and other players names and such.

Constantly: continuously over a period of time; always.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

I mentioned truths about EPICFighters - something that is not inherently against the rules. If people can publicly view the bans of others, then we should not be punished for mocking the mistakes of staff members in a friendly way. For example: Something got deleted that wasn't supposed to be deleted: "Must have been EPICFighters" would be an appropriate comical response for those who know the meaning behind it and it will cause those whose curiosity is piqued to learn some history about the server. Generally, if that kind of lampooning is offensive to someone, then they didn't learn from their mistakes. I've been around enough people to know this is true. 

You could try and keep people from talking about it by banning them or muting them, but that just supercharges it. If you truly want it to die down, then cease making mistakes and don't make it seem like people talking about your mistakes is offensive. 

I visited them, at the time they had it set to one could enter but they told me that they are going to change that as soon as they were ready for ppl to enter so they themselves were planning on changing the permissions but instead staff had to take away their land also if I believe others had lots for clunks claimed the last wipe so I don't get why staff didn't pm Zeref or Arch to ask them for their input before just taking away their land.

11 hours ago, zylond said:

I don't get why staff didn't pm Zeref or Arch to ask them for their input before just taking away their land.

Shoot first, ask questions later. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right? Make as many assumptions as possible before taking what should be the last course of action instead of going through the proper channels and using common sense solutions first. If you think what I just said is offensive or disrespectful, then you're a part of the problem. Higher staff should be outraged at the decisions made by EPICFighters. First, a complaint wasn't investigated properly. Then, when another thread was made about a topic that had been supposedly taken care of, it was given precedence because of the poster's former staff rank instead of locked as it should have been when ANY OTHER PLAYER makes a duplicate complaint that has already been found void. I don't buy the "rivalry" excuse because it wouldn't have taken you more than 5 minutes to log onto the server and type /town spawn The_Wall. Not only that, but your claim that you were ignorant of it actually being a straight line is false - the original complaint stated this and you rebuffed it by saying:

This is true. @Connyobro2 the town itself is allowed and is not inactive. You can claim your land in the opposite direction if this claim is preventing you from claiming near it. Alternatively as Archmaestro said, you can make a claim in a different area, the map is large enough.

I see no need for this topic to stay open therefore, it will be closed.

Know what a bigger problem for the server space is? Inactive towns. Even one inactive claim takes a month to get removed and that one chunk creates a 9x9 area that cannot be claimed. 

The only thing that changed for the second complaint was the complainer and his audacious use of his former staff rank to influence newer staff. Let me ask one thing: If this former member of staff would have said something along the lines of "I would have continuously nuked the server and banned everyone but myself" would you have done it? 

Archived