Skyfactory Server Wipe On 19 January!

brunyman

• Founder

skyfactory2%20logo.png

Hello dear crafters,

Because the last wipe was a long time ago and the server become a bit laggy and some issues with islands because of too many generated, time has come to do a full server reset/wipe. This will erase all data.

During this WIPE I will do some updates to some plugins especially on the main island system to try fix some issues we had reported.

If you think we should not WIPE now please comment below with a reason to cancel this WIPE. This WIPE was also requested by some players.

The WIPE will take place on 19 January, check the countdown timer for exact time.

Thanks!

Hello,

What happens to players who were struggling all day to get the items, I spent my vacation playing to get a good island and many items, and will simply reset and I'll lose everything from one day to the other.
   Super disagree with the reset, at least you guys could leave items of inventory and enderchest because start over and do everything I've been doing the 1 month simply I can not accept.
     I fought hard to get these items, do not want to lose them, you could at least of a way to recover items or the island of active players.

The point of wipe is just that... its taken in consideration the server map, not the new players. If the map is old and has many issues, then a wipe is required. It.s like in SMP you make a world and then you want something fresh... you don't keep your items from the previous world when you make a new one.

You have to take in consideration that this is a server, to keep all the items from a previous world would be unfair and kinda pointless.

It's for the good of server, less lag, more free space... new plugins, updates...

It is for you who did not stay one month playing is actually a good thing, but for players who spent and devoted much time in it, is very important, I prefer to stay with lag, than lose everything that I won, that's too boring remake so all I did. When I look at my island I feel proud to have won it all alone without anyone, there's a sudden just disappears.

At least not clean the inventories and chests ender.

@Edit: See my Itens: http://imgur.com/a/pD30j . And tell me how long I'm going to spend to get it all over again.

@Leandro Santos that's nothing. Can easily get that with magical crops

You would rather play on a server where the tps almost never goes over 10, crashes every 15 minutes, and takes 5 minutes to travel between dimensions than lose 8k diamonds?

Reset will not be something different, I'll have to redo everything I've done to date on the server, and certainly will do the same, because like my island like that.
   Something different would be another modpack, something that would change much in the game, not a simple reset for me to have to redo it again.

@Edit: And another because you do not keep at least the items of inventory? who want to play it all over again simply throw it away, but who wants to follow with the items, only stores them in inventory.

If I wanted to play alone have not even entered this server.

But I'm just spending my time discussing here, because as I'm not giving money to the server, I do not care much, it is only one player left. What did really matters is the players who has rank, as is holding the owner's pocket, players who do not spend money. HAve no value.

With the map of the reset will take longer lag because of the players who came and built stopped playing, who will save the items are few, the few who are logged in and go all day on the server. Who is online, and goes all day do not have to lose everything, just the island (which is a very big deal), and continue with the items.

And ? Who will have that edge vain only be the players who are online and entering the server.

And when they rebuild islands and farms, you vain reset again?

So you mean who will join the server? I think a lot of people! Even GunnerHQ said he will. That guy has been here for a long time and I haven't seen him join the sky factory server in months. Every Wipe Im very exited. Ive already made the same stuff as you, but 4 times this reset so yeah. Its good to have a reset.

The not-keeping-inventory only because we don't want people to build big islands too quickly is quite lame.  Noone really enjoys sieving dirt/gravel and building a manual cobble-gen, it's a chore, and something you do because you want to get to the fun, rewarding part of the game (and in doing some chores you feel better about becomming powerful).  Since we have already done that here and there's a wipe there's no reason why ppl shouldn't be able to start with some stuff to make life easier.

Archived