Sponsor+sponsor=?

faves

hmmm. what about additional staff commands taht i dont have access to? like being able to teleport people while they are offline and maybe possibly the ability to roll back chunks or something along that line?

Aw what? That's some powerwarp/Brunyman only stuff. If I don't have it, then I don't think you should either. Besides, GM+ is as high as you can get without being Brunyman/powerwarp. Can't get higher than them.

Although I concede the point that a gm+ doesn't really have access to all the commands. There are several commands and problems that I too would like to be able to help with, such as rollbacks, detecting griefers, teleporting offline players, and probably some more, but I just don't have the power to do those. Maybe if some more commands were added to the gm+ ranks?

so you would deny me the ability to request commands simply because you dont have it? when as a sponsor it says you can request commands. and sponsor + says you can request even more, it just so happens that i have bought sponsor AND sponsor+ between 2 servers

This is none of my business, but I thought I'd share my opinion regardless. There's a difference between commands and staff commands. Having donated a large sum of money doesn't give you the right to request staff commands that grant you access to functions your fellow co-workers don't have. You've just the same rank as them, and have worked equally as much to be in this position. Why should you get more to play with just cause you can afford to buy all those fancy perks and titles in the store? It's just unfair for the rest of your teammates.

When it comes to those kind of commands, it's either everyone of the same rank has access to it, or no one.

Just my two cents. No offense intended.

In my opinion i would be only helpful, since faves plays more on the server than power and bruny, the rollback times could be really short. In my opinion it would help since a minecraft premium player will not wait for the rollback, and simply change server, instead if the rollbacks could be shorter we will not loose this kind of players. Also if he would have had the power to tp me when i was offline  the lag problems in my base,  could have been solved quicker and better. Also if it's a safety problem I don't think that anyone that spent all those bucks on the server would like to fuck it up.

well these are still Bruny/power perm cuz they should be so. beside u are staff u still could do some serious dmg to the server with rollback stuff guess why GM+ is the highest rank with limited perms??

They should stay power/bruny perms only in my opinion. And i also agree to Jimmel it doesn't care HOW MUCH u Donated .... and i guess u bought your ranks with a 50%off.... but well that's none of my buisness

@MaGiS Absolutely, so long as everyone of the same rank gets the same level of access, or at the very least, it's independent of how much they've donated and based more on the work a member of staff's put in. 

Again, I'm not talking about abuse. Chances are that's not happening. I'm talking about equality and respect to the rest of the team.

so if staff commands should stay to staff. why are people able to request commands from staff that they dont have to begin with? what difference is there between me requesting a rollback function and an offline TP function from another sponsor who requests vanish or world edit or teleport commands?

2 hours ago, Jimmel said:

hy should you get more to play with just cause you can afford to buy all those fancy perks and titles in the store? It's just unfair for the rest of your teammates.

that right there is one of the perks of donating for sponsor, you get to request things other people dont have BECAUSE you donated a large sum of money. and no imp i did not buy them with 50% off. the only thing that was 50% off was my SP to SP+

@faves

It's about the way you request those commands. Myself, I never agreed with having Sponsors request commands, but that's out of the question. I simply find it wrong for you to ask for staff-only perks your mates of the same rank don't have, just cause it's easier for you to do so after having spent a ton of money on CL's store. The other GM+s have worked equally as hard as you have to get to where they are. There's nothing wrong with asking for commands of less significance, but when it comes to functions such as rolling back chunks and perks exclusive to staff members, it's either all GM+s -so to speak-, or no one; unless you've been doing such a great job at everything and are online quite a lot, in which case I really don't mind if you get more access than the rest. I just hate it when it comes down to money, and not pure work.

Sponsors have nothing to do with staff; that's just about money, not to mention they're not given administrative commands anyway. Being part of the staff, though, you really ought to respect the rest of the team. I'm sure all the other GM+s you work with would love themselves some more access to get stuff done faster and make their lives easier. Why should you get such high-level access that really affects how you get work done as a staff member, all thanks to money? It's like degrading the rest of the same rank as you. 

Regardless, such functionality isn't given to anyone but bruny and/or Power for a reason.

Just my view on things. I'm not the one with the final say, and I'm sure many would beg to differ.

if they want to request the commands they can do, but why does it have to be wanting to be better than the other staff? youre telling me you wouldnt have people try to make the server better and get more things done faster instead of having to wait weeks for a rollback or a teleport while they are offline? i honestly think its pathetic that you are attacking me for wanting to do more for the comunity. but you make it seem like i just want to be better than the other staff members, which is what i am not trying to do, im just trying to make the comunity a better place

how many people do you know that got griefed and waited for 2 weeks to no responce and just left? or whos base got bugged out and cant even play and just left. wouldnt you want your players to stay here and not go somewhere else because there is one more person that can do rollbaccks and TPs?

Not attacking you, mate. :)

I know how much it sucks lacking access to core functionality, and what helping others is really all about. I was a GM and a forum Moderator on here for almost 3 years, just like you. I just don't like it when decisions regarding staff and their access have to be made based on money, and not ability. Want more access? Prove your worth, and don't rely on financial status and donations. Sounds a bit harsh, but that's just me.

That's it for this topic as far as I go.

Good luck with your request(s).

I'm pretty sure rollbacks are done in a third party application, its not an in-game plugin or anything since it can't rollback fully modded blocks because of their custom data.

• Founder

Hi, yes rollbacks are not done in-game. I get the region file where the rollback must take place, create a world with only that region on my PC then using backups and McEdit program I rollback the area, then at the end stop the server and apply the changes to the world.

To teleport to offline players I just do /seen name then /tppos to the coordinates.

If you want a permission node post it here and I will see what I can do.

im not wanting to telelport to offline players, i am wanting to teleport offline players to me AKA spawn. and i figured that was the way you do rollbacks, so instead of rollbacks what about being able to /clear on offline players? @brunyman

Well the easiest way to tp offline player to spawn is simply force log out the player using a command, i dont know if its possible

• Founder
On 12/30/2016 at 18:48, faves said:

im not wanting to telelport to offline players, i am wanting to teleport offline players to me AKA spawn. and i figured that was the way you do rollbacks, so instead of rollbacks what about being able to /clear on offline players? @brunyman

Oh, well we don't have a way to allow us to teleport offline players, and no way to clear an offline players inventory by command, only if you use /openinv but that will open the inventory and crash you if there is a problem.

Archived