DragonLady's Island [WIP]

DragonLady

Well, hello there. So I've been playing Skyfactory for a while now and I thought, why not share my island? So here it is, enjoy!

First off we start with the island from above:

Here you can see the mansion, a big butterfly, 2 lakes and a vertical farm.

yGTG513.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next lets take a closer look at the mansion:

Here's the front of the mansion.

82ju9up.png

And the back.

nMN4h2Z.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then we go to the butterfly, the warp and the vertical farm:

The butterfly was built by Lancelot and the vertical farm by island member RandomNukes.

The small island above the small lake is where you go to when you warp to the island.

LU2CEBV.png

On the left side of the butterfly we have some mountains and a small forest:

You can see the river going through the trees.

gUfkjcE.png

That was the top layer, let's move to the lower one. You get there by some elevators at the warp island:

Here you can see the spot where most stuff happens.

It has an ME System, a trashcan (sometimes you don't like a block), an experience obelisk, a wireless charger for when you mined too much, a draconic infuser(when the wireless charger is too slow) and last but not least there's an upgrade modifier.

In the back you can see the QED setup

BaLtDNb.png

Here's a closer look at the QED setup:

8LGNv7p.png

Let's use the elevator in the middle to take a look at the automation and DSU storage:

Here are the assemblers, co-processing units and the crafting storage.

vLcygIH.png

When you turn around you can see my blocks, ores and misc. storage on the left side, next to half of the automation setup,

UoLCFFJ.png

and on the right you'll see my gems, ingots, essence and thaumcraft storage, with the other half of the automation setup.

XCVyETp.png

When we use the elevator once more (last time we'll use them to go down, I promise), we get to the tunnel that leads to the energy cores:

Behind here is a portal that teleports you directly to the cores, and the 2 bigger portals on the side teleport you back to the elevater (These are just here for lazy people like me).

You can see the cores in the distance

0mavNjz.png

A closer look at the cores:

(There's one more storage core on a level lower, but I promised there would be no more elevators :P)

o4mJMJT.png

Let's go back to the second layer, where the ME System is:

This is what the building looks like that has the ME system in it, it's not pretty, but shhhhh:

EAXbCE1.png

When you turn around you can see the reactor, doing it's job:

qxG3bu7.png

As you could see at the right side of the pic, there's something purple going on. This is my Infusion spot for Thaumcraft.

I use essentia mirrors to get the essence to the altar

TuYWeXo.png

When we use some elevators to go down (Sorry guys, I promised, but this time I swear it's the last time we're using elevators), we get to the Wisp farm with a small ME storage for the ethereal essence, and a lot of jars with all 55 essence on both sides.

You can also see my stabilized node, which powers the centrifuges.

5GtPywC.png

When we go back up there's also a farm for crops on the left side of the reactor. From this I get the essence you saw in my storage, as well as everything else on the right side.

Most of the essence gets crafted into the right items directly, the ones that have multiple crafting items, go to the storage.

QJ0qcMg.png

When you turn around there's a wither farm, with a wither skull and soulsand farm.

f70YIZu.png

This is what my island looks like as of 15-5-2017, but I'll update this post when I build something new.

If you have any suggestions on what I should build next, feel free to leave a comment :).

Dragon.

Making the island look natural is just as important as the detailed house you made. I can see alot of potential in your island in the future, keep it up and you'll someday make me wish that I had your island to play on daily in skyfactory :P

@Dragonlady Do you accept critics? If yes, then open Spoiler.

I don`t really like how you did stone cliffs. Looks a bit unnatural. And grass a bit too flat.

But overall, it`s a great build. Especially i love butterfly.

Don`t see a reason to praise every part you built. I`ll just say.... It would be a pleasure to live on that island.

3 hours ago, Timur said:

@Dragonlady Do you accept critics? If yes, then open Spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

I don`t really like how you did stone cliffs. Looks a bit unnatural. And grass a bit too flat.

But overall, it`s a great build. Especially i love butterfly.

Don`t see a reason to praise every part you built. I`ll just say.... It would be a pleasure to live on that island.

I didn't make the cliffs, but I am changing them to make it look a bit more natural. Same goes for the edge of the island.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived