Remove the AntiCheat

Twynics

The server's current AntiCheat is horrid and needs to be removed. It never stops hackers and always kicks legit players for absolutely no reason - they could literally be MINING.

I get 15-20cps through jitter/butterfly clicking and I haven't ever been kicked for autoclicking, which I am surprised about. The only time I've been kicked is when I try to mine or pvp. 

The AntiCheat also stops players from running and jumping up slabs because it thinks you're using Step*. It also stops you from placing blocks at a reasonable pace because it thinks your are using fastplace, when in fact, you are clicking at 5cps and running about. It seems to favour teleporting you back 3-4 blocks a lot too!

Overall, I think this is a wonderful and fantastic server, don't get me wrong, but it needs to have a better AntiCheat, or none at all. Thank you for listening.

*Fastplace is a hack that allows you to place blocks more times a second than if you were playing legitimately.

Well, the solution could be replacing it for a better one. Removing it would make a lot  people use hacks and we will have all the complaints section with even more complaints than now.

So imo removing it would be a bad idea, we should replace it for a better one.

43 minutes ago, AdriStrike said:

Well, the solution could be replacing it for a better one. Removing it would make a lot  people use hacks and we will have all the complaints section with even more complaints than now.

That's exactly what I told the original poster of this topic when he brought it up in the Discord chat. If you think you can come up with a better one, by all means, go ahead, but until then, this is the best option we've got, so you might have to live with it for now.

2 hours ago, quagma said:

That's exactly what I told the original poster of this topic when he brought it up in the Discord chat. If you think you can come up with a better one, by all means, go ahead, but until then, this is the best option we've got, so you might have to live with it for now.

Use one of the ones from Arcane or Velt?

They are very good and effective. They also don't teleport you around and lag back and all that nasty stuff.

2 hours ago, AdriStrike said:

If we had to choose between keeping it or removing it completely I know which one I would vote for, it affects gameplay more than if someone is actually hacking. But yes, a better one would be good.

Yeah, sometimes is annoying that you are with one heart and you're about to cross the line of the wool and suddenly you lagback and the one that is chasing you kills you.

Also, I always wait after breaking 3 blocks because the anticheat thinks I am using speedmine.

When I fall into the void, sometimes it kicks me for hacking for "Moved inexpectetly".

In conclusion, this anti-cheat, can't be removed because then millions of hackers will come, so we need a better anticheat.

+3

The anti cheat also sometimes kicks you when you get on a lily pad in the lobby and then you are temporarily denied to join the server, so that's annoying too.

I think changing the anti cheat would be a better solution, because if some players here and even from other servers hear that there is no anti cheat, they would all hack and the staff would not be able to handle it.

+ 1

18 minutes ago, SuperSlimesKing said:

The anti cheat also sometimes kicks you when you get on a lily pad in the lobby and then you are temporarily denied to join the server, so that's annoying too.

That's not an anticheat problem, that looks like more of a perms and minecraft bug. A solution for this would be the adventure mode in the lobby, so you can't break lil pads nor get bugged into them.

3 hours ago, Main said:

Yeah, sometimes is annoying that you are with one heart and you're about to cross the line of the wool and suddenly you lagback and the one that is chasing you kills you.

Also, I always wait after breaking 3 blocks because the anticheat thinks I am using speedmine.

When I fall into the void, sometimes it kicks me for hacking for "Moved inexpectetly".

In conclusion, this anti-cheat, can't be removed because then millions of hackers will come, so we need a better anticheat.

+3

You don't need to wait after mining 3 blocks, you just have to let go of left click for a second and the press it back down. You can do this at a reasonable pace!

But that happens to users with LAG.

11 hours ago, Twynics said:

You don't need to wait after mining 3 blocks, you just have to let go of left click for a second and the press it back down.

And also it is annoying when you are walking and it says: "Looks like you are glitching, please sneak and block with your sword."

23 minutes ago, Main said:

But that happens to users with LAG.

And also it is annoying when you are walking and it says: "Looks like you are glitching, please sneak and block with your sword."

Oh right... It sounds annoying!

• 1 month later...

Archived