First feeling about SF 3.0

Rotomegax The Cube Builder

This post is about my feeling about SF3.0 modpacks and gameplay, because I just only played on it for 2 days so if I've wrong in something, please notice me

2 days ago I've upgraded my computer so now I can play SF3.0. There is something importance about mods in this modpacks:

- MFR and Thaumcraft are not appear because they have no stable version on 1.10.2 (MFR 1.10.2 is still in beta while Thaumcraft 6 maybe struck somewhere in the void)

- The next thing is Thermal Foundation is remove, does the modpack developers are smoking weed or something so they remove a famous mods even now it have stable version on 1.11.2

- This modpack contains so OP fluid storage system. The Get' ya tank here mod add very OP tanks that can hold a tons of fluid just by some materials in early game (the diamond one only require 5 diamonds but can hold 1024000mb - double the amount that resonant portable tank from TF can hold), then we have seared tank form Tinkers' Construct that hold lesser (but "lesser" in here means hundreds of buckets). Moreover Tinkers tank can hold many of fluids inside but not mixing them together. And also the seared furnace can crush any kind of furnace when compare about the OP.

- Ex Nihilo become more convenient when they merge all kind of metal ores into one (clusters and clumps), silkworm drop more frequently and can be cooked to eat. Sieve meshes are very interesting because each of them have different kind of material can be sieved

- I'm not try colosal chest but I'm affraid that it can cause lag for server

- Compacter is removed and be replaced by the Autopackager - the one used to cause a tons of lags for server

- Draconic Evolution become more interesting with the fusion crafting

- Mystical Agriculture (a.k.a Magical crops) become more OP with the upgradable watering can (but the autonomous activator is not here >!<)

- Moreover, fluid cows is replaced by chickens that can produce ANYTHING.

- Finally, AE2 is replaced by Refined storage but this mod do not contain autocrafting yet, so we have to live without autocrafting for a while.

I see, but

Altho there is no autonomous activator, there are mechanical users which do the same thing.

I think refined storage has autocrafting but it can get very laggy. 

(i loved compacters:( ) 

Mystical agriculture has a lot more different seeds, like draconium, and u also dont need a ton of pulsars under ur farms. Just that 1 block for acceleration.

Yes collossal chests cause big tps drops.

I talked about this before,the sf3 has slow mobs, like some thing causes them to glitch and be really slow, and random lag spikes.  My guess is the new mods versions, and some are completely new copied type mods with new authors, or maybe the new sponge thing.  Other than that it mostly copied mods so it's not much betier than 1.710 skyfactory, it might be actually more unstable and costs more RAM and stuff.  So IMO there's not a big reason to upgrade right now, maybe ever unless something very new comes along, or it becomes very stable or the 1710 version dies.

13 hours ago, QuartzWitch said:

I talked about this before,the sf3 has slow mobs, like some thing causes them to glitch and be really slow, and random lag spikes.  My guess is the new mods versions, and some are completely new copied type mods with new authors, or maybe the new sponge thing.  Other than that it mostly copied mods so it's not much betier than 1.710 skyfactory, it might be actually more unstable and costs more RAM and stuff.  So IMO there's not a big reason to upgrade right now, maybe ever unless something very new comes along, or it becomes very stable or the 1710 version dies.

When I make the mob spawn I see them move with the normal speed, maybe the glitch has been fixed. 

And more thing about SF 3.0, in this time is the decorative things. Like Dw20 this modpack can expand the imagination into unlimitless with chisel2, decocraft and the OP Chisel & bits mod (if you have time to adjust bits by bits in the surface of the block)

Did I miss something?

Do CL have SF3.0 server online?

P.S. I agree, v1.10.2 is still raw in terms of mods. Many beloved mods stay 1.7.10. SkyFactory 3.0 modpack doesn`t have many "interesting" mods to play with.
But still, it doesn`t mean we shouldn't play it.

5 hours ago, Timur said:

Did I miss something?

Do CL have SF3.0 server online?

P.S. I agree, v1.10.2 is still raw in terms of mods. Many beloved mods stay 1.7.10. SkyFactory 3.0 modpack doesn`t have many "interesting" mods to play with.
But still, it doesn`t mean we shouldn't play it.

I just write my experience so everyone come here will have first looks about SF3.0, because many people want to play online in 3.0 version but like you said, the modpack is not ready and we should stick with the 1.7.10 version for a while. I think the next server should we update to 1.10.2 is FTb Infinity Lite, it's expert mode will come soon.

p/s: Without Thermal foundation is a enormous disaster

Ah, I see!

Well... first of all, server doesn't get "updated", if minecraft version changes. All staff comunity agreed SF2.5 and SF 3.0 is TOTALLY different modpacks, so we can't just "update" it.
But, Brunyman want to ADD new server with SF3.0 alongside with 2.5.
First try to add v1.10.2 server is our new DW20 v1.10.2 server, and as you can see it got some problems. So, while this problems doesn't get fixed new SF3.0 server is delayed. Althro, SF2.5 will NOT be replaced... As far as I heard...

Also, Brunyman want to add not one or two new server, but actually 3!
1) Direwolf20 v1.10.2
2) Sky Factory 3.0 v1.10.2
3) FTB Infinity v1.10.2
My info may be outdated by now, let some active staff member proof am I right or wrong.

P.S. Your responce for SF3.0 is usefull, because many players haven`t played SF3.0 so far, and don't know how good/bad it is. My feeling about SF3.0 is mostly the same, but I don`t mourn about lost mods. My only complain about SF3.0 is UNBALLANCED mods. They just doesn't fit to each other.

Yes,

Timur is right- although I believe the "infinity evovled" is called infinity beyond- The general plan is to release more 1.10 servers, these mentioned were the modpacks thst came to Bruny's mind bout it. IB is not 100% confirmed, but it will likely happen... Skyfactory 3 will happen next. When? No idea.

• 3 months later...

Archived