Time for a WIPE on FTB Infinity Evolved server? Vote!

brunyman

inf wipe  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a full server WIPE on our Infinity Evolved server?

• YES! The server is too laggy.
    • NO! Too soon for a WIPE.
    • Hmm, I don't care.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

Because of the lag issues generated by some big bases some players asked for a server WIPE.

Please vote and tell us if you think we should WIPE soon. The last server WIPE was on 19 June about 6 months ago.

The benefits of a WIPE will be a fresh map and no more lag. We will provide a download link of the existing main map.

I would hate a wipe considering I just joined 2 weeks ago, and spent hours upon hours working on my base. I have finally got my giant wall up and claimed all the land I wanted too. Also, if people want to restart they don't need a server wipe. All they need is to move somewhere else and build there.

arazadaz the problem is the massive lagg/tps drops... and the economy. Everybody laggs and especially new players dont even start playing on the server...

There are abolutely immense bases out there beeing loaded all the time. And super late game items sold for like nearly nothing compared to what they are really worth!

A server wipe would first of all fix the lagg for 2-3 months and reset the economy -everybody starts at ZERO and nobody is op and can sell op items.

Yeah i agree on that part derkakumba, but it's still disappointing.

Either way, it seems like "Yes" is going to win by a long shot, and I would much rather this be reset sooner rather than later and it seems other people would too.

CBTMFGvrTIyMOFT5H3uc4g.png

They are well aware I don't have power, and they know their response would be given to the server owner to speed up the reset process as I said this is going to be a screenshot to give the owner the public's opinion.
Although there are only three responses, there were only 5 people online so I would consider it majority.

If there was a way to regen large bases that are not being played I would prefer that, personally.  I'm not quite ready to give up all my work, but I understand this modpack more than I did, so I could rebuild if necessary.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to reset large inactive bases because I have seen it done on other servers, so not having to load all that stuff would definitely make a difference lagwise.

In response to AlphMain. The Towny plugin can do something similar where it will remove inactive members automatically including the mayor and pass it to the most active assistant. Once all members of the town are gone though, the town just gets deleted.

With that said though, a reset would still be nice and this is from the guy who just spent the last 2 weeks building a town and the last few days building the wall which was the most tedious thing I ever had to do. But I will be willing to do it again as currently, the economy is broken as the end game items are rather worthless to most people atm making them sold very cheap. My friend legit, had the quantum solar panel within a week of starting. Asides from that the land is destroyed pretty much everywhere 20k blocks out from spawn even. I had to search for 6 hours upon joining just to get a spot that was only decently not ruined. The lag may dissapear if we did something like the towny inactive reset, but these problems will still be there even after. Overall, I think the server is just better off with a reset at this point.

My original answer to this post was no. 
I can't change it, but I am on the "yes" side of the poll now.

It would be MUCH better if there were a way for Staff to spend some time clearing chunk loading for some of the large, old unused bases (I'm not sure I am saying that correctly, but I know what I think I mean, hopefully staff/admin know what I mean).  Also, for active advanced players, I am assuming it helps to spread machines out.  It seems like I see new people everyday and I'd guess none of them is ready for a re-start.  I get that derk has been here forever and has done all he possibly can - maybe instead of wiping us all out, you could just wipe him out and let him start again :).

Either way - I won't be spending anything on Black Friday since it looks like I will just lose it all with the reset.  I'll wait till the next sale, I guess. 

:(

56 minutes ago, iNKsta1n said:

Either way - I won't be spending anything on Black Friday since it looks like I will just lose it all with the reset.  I'll wait till the next sale, I guess. 

If you purchase a rank or anything else from the store all you need to after the reset is make a post on the forums asking to restore your purchases and you will get it right back. 

Doesn't mean you have to miss out on the sale as you won't lose what you buy @iNKsta1n.

@iNKsta1n To clarify...

we do clear bases. There is even a template under tech support for players to suggest removals of towns. We have a rule of thumb that if any player in the town have not logged in for 30 days their base can get removed. Then they have another 30 days to request a rollback if they come back.

Second off, a wipe is usually a welcoming sight for the community, and tends to bring a bit more traffic to the server. We could milk out every world to it’s very limits but then the experience for the players wouldn’t be good either.

therefore, we have a rule of thumb to do a poll after 6 months to see what players want.

You can download the map if you wish to keep playing on it.

Oh, we have spent hundreds of hours coding custom plugins to help us combat the ”aging” of a minecraft modded world. It eventually just can’t keep up. The problem is not the empty bases of inactive players, the problem lies with the most advanced and active players, 

Archived