Craftersland dies

xDrews

Hey

I wanted to write this Topic for a long time and now I do it

I  remember when this server had about 50 players or more during the day and over 100 in the evening. And now? There are just 1 to 10 players online even on weekends. I'm also bored and don't play much Minecraft any more. For a long time this was my favourite server and I spent hours playing ACv2 and there were a lot of plavers online. Until the 1.12.2 update came. After the update no one played ACv2 any more.

ACv1:

I also tried ACv1, but it isn't really my thing because:

- the banking system is completely different and the banking villagers just can convert coal, iron and gold and unlike in ACv2 they can't put it on your account.

- the items are too expensive (a ton of coal for just a bread)

- the climbing system is glitching ( sometimes it just doesn't work or I have to click my mouse button until it's burning for just getting up a single block).

- there are a ton of spawncamers and bug abusers. Yes i could report them but that would take a lot of time to screenshot them and write the complaints.

CTW:

Because of that I started playing CTW and I really started to like it. There were a lot of players online and the teams were full. When I played minecraft then I only played on this server and it was a lot of fun. Sure there were some bug abusers and hackers, but not a lot. The only thing that was annoying was the anticheat. It kicks players for autoclicker when they mine more than 4 blocks and it doesn't kick really hacking players or bug abusers. 

When the Fortnite hype came out I completely stopped with minecraft. A week ago I played minecraft again on CL. First I joined ACv2: absolutely empty. then ACv1: just a lot of full DMD spawn campers. At the end I went to CTW tried to play. The first player that kills me is hacking and my whole team is bug abusing. And the anitcheat is doing nothing except glitching players back and not letting you place blocks fast enough or it kicks you from the server.

So, what I want to say:

- every player that comes new onto this server leaves because of the bad anticheat, the campers, the hackers and the trolls.

- the players that are playing since a long time quit because it's everything the same. There were tons of suggestions and Ideas for new game modes, maps and bug fixes, but never something    of this got implemented into the server.

- why there is only one or two people that have the power to change something (like brunyman) and why there are no more that take care of the server ant that make updates etc.

- since more than a year ACv2 is in Beta and some staff said they will make a lot of changes until it comes out of beta.

- why the owners of the server just ignore the Ideas for new maps or anticheat fixes? And why they don't care about network servers and just the modded servers?

- why are game modes like snowball fort fight or run from the beast still existing when no one is playing them?

- I'm sure its possible to autoban hackers, but because no owner cares about the server and does anticheat upgrades.

That's it! I hope some staff or owner reads this post and change something instead of just ignore it and close the topic.

I would like to become an answer to my questions from a staff. And I hope it was no waste of time writing this topic.

The ACv2 server is a test server and is not really meant to have that much players until it is finished. But the problem is that this happened on all the servers on network. And I find it hard to staff a server with no players. The decrease of the players on network is worrying. I guess it is because people are losing interest in the server. We need something new, or a big update on network if we want to revive it.

It definitely wasn't a waste! I know how bummed out you guys are feeling for the lack of development and I appreciate that you didn't shift towards a fully aggressive tone.

With that said i'll try to answer all of your main points in detail 

8 minutes ago, xDrews_YT said:

Until the 1.12.2 update came. After the update no one played ACv2 any more.

Yes unfortunately that has been the case. This is even more so prominent from the fact that a lot of regular players have had their exams started and can't play as much as they used to. We've been trying to push out updates for this month of May to finally get Acv1 shut down and Acv2 in it's proper form but brunyman has had his hands chock full and I haven't been able to assist him in any way because my exams are currently running. But don't worry, as soon as my exams will end, I will strike back to 100% activity in full swing with a lot of promising ideas in mind for CL. I will also try my best to work with Henk in maintenance day rollbacks and whatnot so that brunyman would have an extra 2 days to work on coding and improvements which would provide a better quality of life experience in-game.

For the AcV1 stuff, it's practically going to shut down soon, we have to move on to 1.12.2 so that we can properly fix the lobby and back-end infrastructure. It was good to have multiple server support for a lot of version but it's becoming redundant since statistics show that majority minecraft players always move onto servers with a newer version. All of the issues you stated should and will be addressed in AcV2 (except for spawn-campers, that will take some appropriate measures to lessen the frequency)

17 minutes ago, xDrews_YT said:

The only thing that was annoying was the anticheat

I'll directly quote an answer to this from a personal message from brunyman himself

unknown.png

So, the major plan is to first push Acv2 and close Acv1, then it's our job to rework the entire back-end to 1.12.2 and fix the proxy servers (which will also create space for a lot more servers). Then, I have a very promising plan coming up with the help of brunyman and henk but this will remain private between us three only till the time is right. I will create a vote pool for this mysterious plan and see how well you guys will like it, i'm sure that you wont regret on clicking Yes on that one poll :).

For the hackers and trollers, hackers should be mostly eliminated by the time we upgrade all network to 1.12.2 and ditch the compatibility system, for trollers it's another story, only reporting them will help. I will also try my best to either accept or deny suggestions when my exams are over based on what us three have decided. I know there are a lot of good suggestions and I have high hopes on a lot of them being accepted. Let me know if I missed anything, I had to write this in a hurry.

I remember when this server was active, when there were lots of people playing, there were improvements...

But now? I barely see any staff on the server, maybe it's because of my time zone (Spain, but I don't think so), I remember that everytime I entered, there was at least one staff, but now everything have changed... I usually enter to Craftersland just to have some conversation, Acv1? Nothing new, you can't do anything, there are no players usually, the time that I saw more players in Acv1, I saw 10-15 players...

In CTW? CTW is finished, sadly. I don't play minecraft very often, and that's because the only server I played the most was Craftersland, but now... This server is done, honestly. Ty xDrews!

-Jimmy

34 minutes ago, Jiimmy_04 said:

I remember when this server was active, when there were lots of people playing, there were improvements...

And those times will come back soon hopefully :), we haven't given up on Network yet. Not without a proper fight!

It's understandable to be so upset after the lack of inactivity from a lot of different ends. I also tried my best to bring improvements before going almost fully inactive since January for my exams, but I have extremely high hopes for June! Henk and brunyman know that I have probably placed too much work and plans on my hands for the entire month of June alone but I'll do what it takes to improve both Network and Modded back upto where it should be. The only request right now I can do is ask you to is wait, one of the major plans which we may start on the Network (depending on the poll and how many players are interested) will add another layer of variety onto Network, it's something that i'm really looking forward to aswell and I'm sure you guys will enjoy the concept aswell. Also the aforementioned plans in the previous post

56 minutes ago, Yusixs said:

And those times will come back soon hopefully :), we haven't given up on Network yet. Not without a proper fight!

That's nice :D

Thankyou! I hope that what you say will be one day in the server! 

-Jimmy

(Before you read, i wrote in red things to be fixed and in green important stuff for people that doesn't want to read, so don't ask later :P)

1st: I think the same, the server is dying and noone does nothing, but helpers are being added and by now, there are only armor bug and HB reports, not adverst or hacks (wich are very uncommon nowadays), so reports are getting lower

2nd: Yes, the owners and the upper charges don't do anything, but that's becouse (MarceLOL told me) bruny is really busy becouse he's the onwer of multiple servers, but as owner, he should pay the same atention to all the servers, including this one. By now in discord, (true that i don't read very much of the server, just what bruny tags with @everyone) he only says modded server stuff

3rd: I think CTW is doomed becouse of 2 things: Kits and anticheat.

-Kits: the same as always, buggers and ranked people (Not all) abuse of them becouse of the money and the other people complaint or doesn't mind, what's making people more angry and it must be fixed to make everyone (not everyone, but most) happier by adding higher prices or take out some of them etc.

-Anticheat: People dislike how it works and it's understandable,people gets kicked for pvping using hitter (not the hack, the pvp technique), for digging 5 blocks or becouse of lag. But I think that  it's hard to fix, so maybe they won't fix it...

4th: About AC, (I only play the unpopular mode, v2 i think? i don't really play much,but still) why don't you change the unpopular AC to like a second map and you can keep the stats from one to other map? becouse having 2 servers with the same (or nearly the same) it's useless if people only join one. And also the HB is something that need's to be fixed to solve the abuse of it.

5th: Other games:

-Hiipo plots: A nice game, but you get bored when you get full diamond and enders, so why not  adding a new minigame ? There is the mob arena, so it isn't a crazy idea

-Creative: It was really full years ago, but people got bored, so why don't you add like a build battle minigame or contests of the best plot?

-Skywars: There were a lot of hackers before, now, there isn't people. I don't know how to fix this, but maybe new maps? new modes like team skywars?

-Minigames like TNT RUN or snowball fight: They are really good minigames, i don't know why people left them, but i think the same as before: new maps, new games and new modes (team etc)

6ht: What about creating 2 new ranks: Builder and designer ? The builder would make new maps, lobbies, hubs, spawns etc and the Designer could do all the plugins and that stuff

Finally:

IDEAS

1: Making new games would cheer people to come here, like an eggwars, a hide and seek or a murder mystery, people love those ones!

2: 2 New ranks: Builder and Designers, for building maps and spawns and designing plugins and upgrading the server

3: improving our games:

- 3-1 CTW: Anticheat and kits

- 3-2 AC: HB

4: Taking out old and useless minigames or improve them

5: i had an idea: why not the server's own texture pack? there's a resource pack but just for CTW so maybe people would like it.

6: improving the "defense" (i mean guessing how to make the HB in spawn and the Armor bug impossibles)

Also, why don't you pin this thread, maybe we can get a great idea from here.

Thanks for your attention! ?

:Crafterslandlogo:

• 2 weeks later...

Do ACV2 updates even matter at this point?Why would you make updates and try to give us hope with them,when they're not even for something that the community plays on?I mean,wouldn't it be better for the update to come all at once so we feel like we got a big piece of content at once?I'm not saying that I don't appreciate your work since the work you guys are doing is amazing,but let's be honest now,AcV2 updates are pointless unless you force players to play on it since nobody is going to give up their full diamond on V1 and all their gold blocks for just small updates.

• 3 months later...

Hello @xDrews_YT,

As you may have seen there has been made a topic some days ago discussing the same thing. Pointing on things we are very good aware of won't change anything. We are working on a new gamemode for Network as we mentioned a lot of times already. Also the Acv2 release is going to be very soon hopefully. 

The main reason for the lack of players recently is the fact schools opened  and most of the people don't have time to spend on games.

I hope you understand that we haven't forgotten about the proberms Network has and we are still trying to improve and bring the server up.

Also I will ask you to not reply to old topics because that's counted as necroposting and I should warn you for it.

Thanks

T/C.

• geri33 locked this topic

Archived