Astral Sorcery

So this issue is one that I and I'm pretty sure other revelation staff are aware of.Astral sorcery shrines don't work.What do I mean by "don't work"?Well they basically don't work.So the first thing that the mod wants you to do before you start playing it,is to understand how it works,which is fairly understandable.To understand the basics of AS,you'll have to understand how the starlight,shrines,starlight crafting and the resonating wand works.So basically,to craft most if not all items from AS,you need a bench infused with starlight.You can't just craft one,as to craft one,that takes starlight.So how do you craft it?Well,you have to rely on random shrines with a crystal under them,to be able to craft the luminous crafting bench.Now here comes the problem,most of the shrines on the map are claimed,and when you do come across one,they don't work.It's like "Nah bruh,I won't work".Jokes aside,what you're supposed to do is put a crafting bench next to a shrine and then a beam should induce starlight in the crafting bench and you should be able to start your item crafting with no problem,however,the shrine just won't accept to do that,it just doesn't work.And I think I've tried enough times,wandering like a dummy in the chat and getting no help(when I wasn't staff,cause when I was I already finished the mod):Well why won't this crystal shine :(.

So I think you got what the problem is,the shrines won't allow you to craft the items needed to start the mod,I explained it the paragraph above if you didn't read it.I've also pointed this issue out I think numerous times,if not multiple,at least once,but it seems like it's been neglected and when I was mod I couldn't just go out like a degenerate and put a shrine in the middle of spawn,you'll see why this is relevant in just a second.So I've seen an attempt at fixing this by adding a luminous crafting bench to the spawn(luminous crafting bench is the first item you need to start the mod).I have no ideea about who did this,but it's been pretty poorly executed and kinda careless I feel like?Basically,you can't just put an item in the shop thinking "Oh this will fix it" without even researching the problem.Why doesn't it work you might ask,well,astral sorcery wants you to ACTUALLY understand the mod,and not let you just buy it,so basically,what I'm saying is the fact that buying a luminous crafting bench or getting it thru any process other than crafting it,won't unlock the quest line.Which again,that is basic testing of the solution to solving a mod,aka testing to see if the solution would actually work.Don't take that offensively,it's just what should've been done in my opinion and maybe you could improve on that in the future.

Now the solution to solving this would be very easy.Just put a shrine in spawn.The shrine can be build easily with creative,even without creative,however you need a collector crystal which isn't an early mod item.I'd be glad to help building it.After the shrine is built,you just have to link the collector crystal to a crafting table with a linking tool,right click the crystal,then the bench.Now I don't know if the shrine un-links on restarts,but I'm pretty sure it would be less of an effort for players to wait for me to help them start Astral sorcery(which I don't mind,but y'know,I retired for a reason and it'd save them time).

Also a comment on the bench's price.It's high,and I mean really high.Also because of the fact that it's completely useless,won't help you with anything,and because it takes so little materials to craft.Pretty sure the players that bought one should just get a refund as it's basically throwing money out the window.Waiting for a response hopefully :D 

A shrine might be the way to go, but what if the server tick lag causes the crystal to stop working? just like the other shrines? It could happen.

Like I said on the direwolf20 server section about the same issue, adding a custom recipe to craft the luminous crafting table without the crystal does advance you in the astral sorcery tome. 

I tested it in single player with a custom recipe and it worked. The recipe could use the same materials and be the same shape as in the JEI, it just won't require the crystal.

• Founder

Yes, this needs to be added at spawn, players should have permission to use it. Can you build it, and do you need perms?

On 14.11.2018 at 18:17, ShinyPorygon said:

If I can I will add this to spawn in an empty section with Henk and Bruny's permission. About the price that is not up to me so I can not give you anything for that however I will ask if I can add the shrine to spawn. 

Yup,I can for sure build it,however I don't know how to allow the players to use it,and also shrines seem to work now.I think we can still add a shrine to spawn because that's how it was when revelation first got out:the shrines worked for a little bit,then they stopped working.Waiting for another reply before I build it at spawn.

• 2 weeks later...