Socialized Discussion about the //WE and /GMC commands

IAmTheKay

How do you think it would be the modality if it does not allow the / GM and better control the // WE?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think it would be the modality if it does not allow the / GM and better control the // WE?

• Yes I agree. Have a better community without so much abuse on the part of the operators of said commands
    • No, I do not agree, they must improve the personnel and more security when it comes to obtaining items from / GM or construction with the // WE

Good afternoon ... Today I want to go to the whole "The Network" community to make a proposal, a suggestion and perhaps a solution to some of the server problem 

"I want to focus specifically on the Pure Survival mode"

This is what I think. Since it became fashionable on the server "Among the sponsors" to ask for access to "WE" has become problematic, both by creating structures with base stone, destroying contructions of other users and abusing it. Lately I have noticed that the "Sponsors" use the //we to give to the other players, as is that? simple. They only mark a base with such a command and permission and copy blocks of value as "Diamond Blocks and Emerald Blocks" or simply from some block that serves a player. Clearly the manager of the server can control this with the console, seeing the logs of the players and so put some prohibition, but being honest sometimes they do not have time for that by having obligations and it is a little..

Solution: (From my point of view)

From my point of view, the solution would be that the sponsors cannot use said command in protected areas and that the blocks generated by them from said command // WE exit with Spawner by .. This would avoid duplicating blocks, emeralds, diamonds, etc. .. Or just remove the command ..

¿Why should the command be removed if it is a "Tool" requested in the forum?

Simply ... the // WHAT is an administrative command, a command used to create large constructions that in my opinion should not have a user "Sponsor" The sponsor has access to the /gmc command I do not think it necessary that said rank with the commands that it has amerite the /WE as I said.. It’s kind of annoying for the staff to be always fixing these kinds of problems when they can just be avoided..

Note: I am also an operator of the // WE command

"Regarding the /GMC command"

With respect to this command it is clearly very difficult to remove it because for this you would have to agree with the server managers.. From my point of view I consider that since this command there have always been abuses of the, simple patrocidadores duplicando item and always this asks the give to users in some way or other that the server tries to block it always this. I have considered that it would be better to remove the command of such modality since there are always duplicates and things that generally problem for the server...

As a solution I think

It would be better to create a /Warp which allows the sponsors or drivers of /gmc to get all the assets of the gm, to each item of alli create a Spawner by global, example "Spawner by VIP" so that only the ranks with access to the gm can get it, Duplication would be avoided, problems for the server would be avoided and staff members would be spared work because they would not have to worry about such things and would be a community and a cleaner mode of play..

In the same way, the / item command would remain, without having / gmc it could be used and it would be a great advantage

Note:The truth would be much better to be in the mode without this command, because personally it always brings chaos or problems for the server, duplicates and more. Older users will remember that there was a disaster in version 1.7.2. which was because users with /gmc found a way to create unbreakable items, immortality positions, 127 level incantations, damage positions with 10000 damage, arcs etc. from that point the server is forbidding players.. Wouldn’t it be better to avoid that problem and just create more order with the commands? The solution at that time was only to give an update to the server, placing it in version 1.8 that version also took over these items, not so much with in 1.7.2 but if they were seen.

Lately, the server is prone to the same problems happening again ... because there are already tools to do this type of item again ... If it happened once, why can't it happen again?

If there is any other problem regarding these fixings or do you have any other fixings let them know in this post, I want the greatest possible attention and the most opinions from different members of the server

i totally agree with you, i wasn't online for like 2 days now and i come back and first thing my friend shows me that someone cut a 1 block thin slice with worldedit through our base.

also, the same guy deleted all of his chests and replaced them with /redo, which deletes all the things in them.

Hey, I want to give two answers for this post, first as a staff member and then as a Sponsor player which I actually am.

As a Staff Member:
First I want to thank you for taking your time to write such a post. I want to let the entire Network Community know that we are working on Network and that we are listening to you. You cant imagine the many changes we have done under the hood, and well you also can see some of them like Glaskerville, The command blocks to TP you back (still is under development), the changes in AC map and fixes, and some of the bug fixes we all know, but there are still many things we are doing, mainly focused on fixing bugs and improving everyone's experience.

So we will listen to this post, but for doing so, we need everyone's opinion. Each comment you make to this topic might help taking a decision or doing something to improve this. Thank you again to all the ones who take their time :)

As a Sponsor donator:

I couldnt agree more with many things you said. Sadly it wouldnt be that easy to fix the issue, and it isnt really possible to add a "Spawned by" tag to blocks placed with WorldEdit. The only way to do that would be to store in a database each block spawned with creative, and when someone breaks it check in that database if the block is in that list, and it would just be a performance mess. (And of course this would need to be a custom plugin)

So what about World Edit?

Well I dont really think its a feature Sponsors should have. Why? Well firstly because they have GMC which basicly lets them build everything they want. The truth is that you are in a Survival server. What is fun about a Survival server? (at least for me) Well, to play and get everything and do my best to be the richest one in the server having all the items and etc. If I do that with gmc, then well there isnt that much fun because I already have everything I could have, there is no goal, just create a beautiful house and you are basicly done. WorldEdit is just an addition which shouldnt be in a Survival server, in the Creative one yes, but on a Survival one not. It just brings more problems than the ones we have (not only with duppeds but also with destruction of protected zones) and it isnt something that really improves the experience of a Sponsor player (again this is my personal opinion of a Sponsor player I am).

What about creative in particular?

Well, in part I really explained that having gmc isnt something I would desire for a Survival server because it basicly ruins the experience and my desire to play such a server, but again, Im talking about myself. We might find a solution to this topic, and all your suggestions are welcome. For now I find it hard to remove the command because there are people who actually bought the rank for having creative. We will improve compability in order to prevent abuses, and I cant wait for your suggestions and for what you think about that command.

Conclusion:

First thank you again for bringing this topic to life. We will consider everything that is talked in here, we will think for solutions and fixes to this isssues, and of course when we do something about it we will let you all know. Cant wait to read what others think. Thanks!

In many things that you are saying you are right .. But the idea that I am proposing is not impossible either...

Like I said, it would be great to be able to play "Pure Survival" mode without so much trouble and really turn it into a "Pure Survival" world. As you raise it would also be incredible

I hope that we can reach something with the realization of this general theme, if we can improve something?

I disagree with removing World Edit because it is a very special plugin for most sponsors, not all sponsors abuse this command because they enjoy the construction and diversity of this command.
Taking the GM issue, I agree with its elimination because I know that most sponsors abuse it, I don't presume but I don't abuse GM

I totally agree with you in this topic Critic, creative and WE always were making trouble at PS, and as a player of this server, I can say that is really annoying to play, try to PVP someone, and get killed instantly, or that the player is immortal or have a lot of stacks of gapples.

7 minutes ago, XxMalkiriusxX said:

I totally agree with you in this topic Critic, creative and WE always were making trouble at PS, and as a player of this server, I can say that is really annoying to play, try to PVP someone, and get killed instantly, or that the player is immortal or have a lot of stacks of gapples.

And I forgot! They also replicates a lot of legendary / vote keys, and just today we could see that from an user that was reported. Legendary crates can let you make a lot of money and take a lot of benefit

Exactly @XxMalkiriusxX and @SuarezMC.. Because of this situation of the duplicate and the giveo of the /GMC is that they should remove the command.. It is unfair to users from my point of view to enter and get items, money and many things with ease (Giveado)..

And with respect to the /WE there are users who abuse to the.. Clearly there are users who are not because not all are like that, but if there is the problem and that problem is everyone.. As a community server we could all fix that. Of course, the last decision is made by the Moderators and the Managers.. But our opinion counts for something too..

I'm agree 100% about this topic, i think the idea of a pure survival is get everything for your own, thats the funny thing and it makes that u have to try it hard to get it done, but if u have GMC isn't the same at all. So in my opinion i prefer that in a pure survival dont have that kind of advantages.

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Estoy 100% de acuerdo con este tema, creo que la idea de una supervivencia pura es conseguir todo para ti, eso es lo gracioso y hace que tengas que esforzarte para hacerlo, pero si tienes GMC no No es lo mismo en absoluto. Entonces, en mi opinión, prefiero que en una supervivencia pura no tenga ese tipo de ventajas.

@Candy 

There would be no point in paying for a range that offers you benefits. It is a better idea to limit the commands of the "Sponsors"

I agree with the removal of Creative mode, since it's still a survival server and network even has its own creative server.

To worldedit I have a idea but in not sure if that would be possible performancewise or because of missing plugins: 

When i played a bif of modded i discovered a "Building wand" which allows players to create large areas of blocks, and it takes them out of their inventory.

My Idea would be something similar for worldedit, if a player has the right amount of the needed block in his inventory, the structure will get created, and if he has less than needed it wont. with that worldedit would just be a useful tool for faster building and it wont get abused, since the generated blocks get taken out of the players inventory.

I believe that removing these 2 commands would bring great benefits to the server. I agree with you, these permissions do nothing but bring problems. This is where all illegal items come from. I think that if someone wants to play around with W.E or GMC, they should to that in Creative, there's a reason why this minigame exists. Whenever there's a wipe, I start from scratch because it makes zero sense taking all of the items from GMC, there isn't any effort put in there and the whole idea of "Pure Survival" is ruined.

I hope that a positive verdict comes out soon.

Hello guys! For this type of thing is that I did this, I proposed to have a socialized discussion to try to solve this problem that exists in the modality (Pure Survival " I recently came in and found this .. What I just said is beginning to repeat the problem of 1.7.2 and 1.8 ..

https://prnt.sc/s1eeln

https://prnt.sc/s1eewo