[FTB Infinity Evolved] Time for server WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

FTB Infinity Evolved server WIPE  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Time to do a full WIPE on FTB Infinity Evolved Server?

• YES! New Map seeds, fresh start and land to explore!
    • NO! Don't WIPE now, let's wait more.
    • I don't care. Show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

infinity.png

So, time for a server WIPE check, the last wipe was about 7 months ago on 17 May 2020. If we WIPE all data will get a reset except for ranks, we will generate new map seeds and provide a download link of the old map. Server lag will be reduced and a fresh map for all to explore!

Vote in the pool above and let us know what to do next.

Server live map:  HERE

If we wipe we will generate new map seeds and provide a world download link for the existing main world.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dominus said:

This vote is unfair imo. People who have nothing to lose/aren't playing on this server will simply vote yes because they don't care whereas people who are actually active on Infinity and play the modpack won't want the wipe..

If someone "don't care" they can choose option "I don't care. Show me the results."
If someone vote YES, that usually because they want to play this modpack again, from fresh.

P.S. And don't tell me "they can wipe own base, and start fresh, because that's B... S...

So you want to wipe an entire server's progress just because you can't be bothered to start fresh by yourself? Now that's b.s

Also they don't vote "don't care" because no one who voted yes is actually active on the Infinity server. Hold an in-game vote, then the results will be very different

First of all, arguing about this topic is useless. We (comunity) argued about this before, and really shouldn't do it again. It goes nowhere.

but... for the last time...

You calling me selfish for wiping server to just play fresh. How about I call YOU selfish for NOT wiping server to continue playing? There are MANY people want server wipe to start playing fresh, not only me, after wipe there will be crowds of players.

You asking to "Hold an in-game vote", but what stops players to log in game to vote YES? Voting via forum just more convinient.

You saying "Also they don't vote "don't care" because no one who voted yes is actually active on the Infinity server", I don't know is that true, but I always vote "I don't care" if I don't care. And why should they be "actually active on the Infinity server" if they already completed modpack, made a huge (and probably laggy) megabase, and just stop playing, waiting for a new wipe. If they were in game, tps would drop to zero. And it would ruin your experience aswell.

Because you're just killing the community. If you want a personal wipe you can always request a /regen that's what I'm saying. And if you're saying that's too much trouble for the staff then maybe the staff is either undermanned or not active enough.

People will just drop the server because they can't be asked to put effort into projects if they're just going to be wiped anyway. I've been playing everyday for this week and I've noticed a lot of new players coming on and getting started, people donating to get a small boost, voting everyday for the keys, etc.

Also, if it's an in-game vote it means people actually want to play Infinity and will put in the effort in going online to do the vote. Right now people who never intend on stepping on the Infinity server can just simply vote "yes" and have the map wiped even though they will never play and that's unreasonable. (For clarification, I'm not saying this for you personally)

Ok, here we go again! @brunyman, take notes here plz.

List of players who vote YES! (list was sorted for easier understanding)
1)Fire (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
2)ASOOD (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
3)CocoManiac (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
4) zwerg1803 (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
5)Timur (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
6)BionicalGaming (not voted last time, registered in IE)
7) iInFiniTyyy (not voted last time, registered in IE)
8 ) HaemishMacBean (not voted last time, registered in IE)
9)DaBe00593 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
10) Andy7555 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
11) Zanda (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
12)Cartman355 (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
13)VitaminUP (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
14) maninskie (voted NO last time, registered in IE) changed his mind?

List of players who vote NO! (list was sorted for easier understanding)
1) Kaszanka_1234 (voted NO last time, registered in IE)
2) TheJizzy (voted NO last time, registered in IE)
3) Shanerules03 (not voted last time, registered in IE)
4) Yasiik (not voted last time, registered in IE)
5) Xigog (new player, not voted last time, registered in IE)
6)phoenix342(new player, not voted last time, registered in IE)
7) Dominus (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
8 ) Kyriakos05 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
9) gabitos (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
10) xiditopia (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
11) tso (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
12) SnekyNinja (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
13) NicknameKevin (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE) SUSPICIOUS!!!
14) SKT T1 Faker (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE) SUSPICIOUS!!!

Once again, i marked SUSPICIOUS!!! For accounts that was created AFTER poll has started and never joined server. Ofcourse, they could play under different names on server, but that is something I can not clarify. Or maybe it's just fake accounts...

And one more thing to consider!
Here is a list of players who voted NO last time, and how active they are right now.
1) Kaszanka_1234 (active on server 1 day ago)
2) F_Lost (active on server 1 day ago)
3) TheJizzy (offline on server 8 days)
4) bottleofsyrup (offline on server 6 months)
5) AzurHUN (offline on server 12 days)
6) maninskie (offline on server 23 days)
7) prajcek (offline on server 7 days)
8 ) Lews_ (offline on server 8 days)
9) PhoenixFired (offline on server 25 days)
10) RuM0505HUN (player not found)
11) L3w1s (player not found)
12) BearMilk (player not found)
13) MindOfAdib (player not found)
14) quickblades (player not found)
15) Crazykiller88 (player not found)
16) Igenieur_13 (player not found)
17) mikewerf (player not found)

What does this mean? That mean all thous players who claimed to be "active community" just droped this modpack a week or two after the poll. They are NOT active members, they just one timers...

• Founder
3 hours ago, Timur said:

Ok, here we go again! @brunyman, take notes here plz.

List of players who vote YES! (list was sorted for easier understanding)
1)Fire (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
2)ASOOD (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
3)CocoManiac (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
4) zwerg1803 (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
5)Timur (voted YES last time, registered in IE)
6)BionicalGaming (not voted last time, registered in IE)
7) iInFiniTyyy (not voted last time, registered in IE)
8 ) HaemishMacBean (not voted last time, registered in IE)
9)DaBe00593 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
10) Andy7555 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
11) Zanda (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
12)Cartman355 (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
13)VitaminUP (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
14) maninskie (voted NO last time, registered in IE) changed his mind?

List of players who vote NO! (list was sorted for easier understanding)
1) Kaszanka_1234 (voted NO last time, registered in IE)
2) TheJizzy (voted NO last time, registered in IE)
3) Shanerules03 (not voted last time, registered in IE)
4) Yasiik (not voted last time, registered in IE)
5) Xigog (new player, not voted last time, registered in IE)
6)phoenix342(new player, not voted last time, registered in IE)
7) Dominus (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
8 ) Kyriakos05 (not voted last time, not registeded in IE)
9) gabitos (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
10) xiditopia (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
11) tso (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
12) SnekyNinja (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IESUSPICIOUS!!!
13) NicknameKevin (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE) SUSPICIOUS!!!
14) SKT T1 Faker (new player, not voted last time, not registeded in IE) SUSPICIOUS!!!

Once again, i marked SUSPICIOUS!!! For accounts that was created AFTER poll has started and never joined server. Ofcourse, they could play under different names on server, but that is something I can not clarify. Or maybe it's just fake accounts...

And one more thing to consider!
Here is a list of players who voted NO last time, and how active they are right now.
1) Kaszanka_1234 (active on server 1 day ago)
2) F_Lost (active on server 1 day ago)
3) TheJizzy (offline on server 8 days)
4) bottleofsyrup (offline on server 6 months)
5) AzurHUN (offline on server 12 days)
6) maninskie (offline on server 23 days)
7) prajcek (offline on server 7 days)
8 ) Lews_ (offline on server 8 days)
9) PhoenixFired (offline on server 25 days)
10) RuM0505HUN (player not found)
11) L3w1s (player not found)
12) BearMilk (player not found)
13) MindOfAdib (player not found)
14) quickblades (player not found)
15) Crazykiller88 (player not found)
16) Igenieur_13 (player not found)
17) mikewerf (player not found)

What does this mean? That mean all thous players who claimed to be "active community" just droped this modpack a week or two after the poll. They are NOT active members, they just one timers...

That's a good point, so it's like 9 to 6 for WIPE, I would like to WIPE because based on server votes and traffic it needs to, is the general community feel that we need to WIPE now?

• Manager

well i'm not gonna go over all of that but there are a lot of people with different in game name than on forums eg.
Kyriakos05 - kyriakos05char
SnekyNinja - xASneakyNinja
NicknameKevin - Nemmisus who uses nick "Kevin" in game
who all actively play on the server, so checking if someone was online by their forum name is not really a valid method of verification

anyways there is still plenty of space on the map and the server is not lagging so there really is no need for a wipe

people come and go, not everyone likes to play the same game for a month straight and wiping all their progress is not gonna make them come back

Not sure what you mean about "registered on IE", we're 4 friends playing on the server and have been active everyday for the past week and pretty much anyone active on the server can confirm that, my in-game name is NikkyBlack.

Also I've literally  never had any problems with TPS in game or ping.

EDIT: Btw what you failed to show in your list is the activity of players who voted "YES". I think that's very important to know when making a decision like this.

This is very ironic to say when the vast majority of players who voted "YES" aren't active on Infinity right now.

7 minutes ago, Dominus said:

Not sure what you mean about "registered on IE", we're 4 friends playing on the server and have been active everyday for the past week and pretty much anyone active on the server can confirm that, my in-game name is NikkyBlack.

Also I've literally  never had any problems with TPS in game or ping.

me and @Timur aren't  talking about the Tps or ping isn't the issue why we're are after a wipe. if as a new player your only base option locations are limited you can do the desert due the amount of it being destroyed "massive holes etc", if you live is a grass Biome etc you pretty much have a base right on top of you there isnt much choices for a base location unless you have to go out your way to go appeal a claim removal that may be done same day or a week or so after, i still believe  a wipe is needed. and the amount of exploiters,dupers&hackers I've seen over the short time ive been on + the amount of un-claimmed endgame solar panels that's laying around from the exploiters.

I 100% disagree with the vote outcome, i also believe last vote there was technically more yes votes than no that's counting the ones who's registered  

50 minutes ago, Kaszanka_1234 said:

checking if someone was online by their forum name is not really a valid method of verification

Good point here, as I told before, i can't possibly know who's who by their forum names.
Kaz, as someone who's constantly online, have the cleares vision of server state. But...

But as bruniman said...

1 hour ago, brunyman said:

I would like to WIPE because based on server votes and traffic it needs to

Brunyman WANT'S to wipe. (if i'm understood right), and only community votes AGAINST wipe still stoping him.
There is also one problem I see. When brunyman made this poll, it lasted only like 1 day. Many old community members could just miss it, because they not too offten on forum. I'm not saying you should add all the YES votes from last poll... but...
And if you want to say "then let's count all NO votes aswell", you should first check who was visiting forum since last poll.
And I can do it for you.

Statistics on players who vote YES for that previous poll, and their forum activity since.
1) Timur (active)
2) 3XJ (active)
3) CocoManiac (active)
4) fire (active)
5) karpouzas12 (active)
6) cmyk (active)
7) zwerg1803 (active)
8) DonKamilo (active)
9) PapaMaoDONG (active)
10) ASOOD (active)
11) iim_wolf (active)
12) eytixis (active)
13) Ramma (incative since dec 13)
14) GabeN(incative since nov 23)
15) Nikkinz (incative since dec 2)
16)ezhereal(incative since nov 27)
17) kasp606g(incative since nov 23)
18) ArtyArazor (incative since dec 2)
19) turtleboi182 (incative since nov 29)
20) Gimyrin(incative since nov 27)

Statistics on players who vote NO for that previous poll, and their forum activity since.
1) TheJizzy (active)
2) Kaszanka_1234 (active)
3) bottleofsyrup (active)
4) maninskie (active) (He changed his mind, now vote YES)
5) AzurHUN (active)
6) mikewerf (active)
7) F_Lost  (incative since dec 11)
8 )RuM0505HUN (incative since nov 24)
9) L3w1s (incative since nov 23)
10)BearMilk  (incative since nov 23)
11) MindOfAdib (incative since nov 23)
12) prajcek (incative since dec 1)
13) quickblades (incative since nov 30)
14) Lews_ (incative since nov 24)
15) Crazykiller88 (incative since nov 24)
16) PhoenixFired (incative since nov 24)
17) Igenieur_13 (incative since nov 24)

As we can see from this statistics, there was many new players who vote NO just to stop playing after, and never come back to server nor forum.

1 hour ago, Kaszanka_1234 said:

wiping all their progress is not gonna make them come back

Sure, it would not "gonna make them come back", but they don't come back anyways, and wiping server will allow old players to come back. Also, when there are new, fesh server it cause massive server vote waves.

Forum activity =/= Infinity activity

Also some people you list as inactive still play on the server to this day, for example quickblades. Haven't seen you around tho.

This "no place for a base" is just an excuse, within minutes of joining the server I found empty land to claim and so did new players that came after me.

I really don't understand what you have to gain from this wipe. You're not getting any new vote traffic either because you're already voting, just switching on a different server. Infact, I might say you're losing it because I know atleast 6 people that will stop playing because of this wipe, all whom vote daily.

unless you have to go out your way to go appeal a claim removal that may be done same day or a week or so after, i still believe  a wipe is needed. and the amount of exploiters,dupers&hackers I've seen over the short time ive been on + the amount of un-claimmed endgame solar panels that's laying around from the exploiters.

This is more of a staff issue in my opinion. You're still gonna have these exploiters after the wipe and the only person active enough to deal with them is Kaszanka_1234. The server could use atleast an active mod to take care of issues like hackers, etc. so that things like appeals won't take days to be approved.

1 minute ago, Dominus said:

Forum activity =/= Infinity activity

I'm telling you... all thous "new community members" from previous poll was just one day players. They came, try this modpack a little, didn't go far, and then just stoped playing all together.

As Kaz said before, i can't possibly know all the forum and server names to get all the active players statistics.
I'm just telling... "people come and go" (c)Kaszanka_1234.
New players come and leave all the time, old players stay. If we have WIPE, old player will play again, and new players will keep coming and leaving as they allways did.

If we have wipe, all this "new community members" don't even notice difference. For them server will be just a server where they will try to play. The only who will be hurt, is small portion of community who playing RIGHT NOW. And how long are they playing, how much progress they have? They don't want to lose a (immagine that) whole week worth of progress.

Sure, ones who will be hurt by wipe could possibly leave this server forever, but i'm sure when they done playing this modpack (or even sooner) they will leave anyway. Or will change their mind about wipe.

Server map for anyone that can't be bothered to take more than 2 steps outside spawn

Funny that you mention that btw, we quit playing last wipe as well because of this very reason and believe me it was much more than just "one week" of progress. Go ahead tho, wipe the server so you and your buddies can play on it for max 2 weeks before leaving. No one needs new players or growth anyway.

1 hour ago, brunyman said:

is the general community feel that we need to WIPE now?

Brunyman, you didin't gave enought time for general community to vote properly. Some of them didn't even noticed this poll. 1 day is too short for a poll.
Also, do something to newly registered accounts, because fake accounts is a real thing. Don't think they should vote if they registered after poll started.

43 minutes ago, ASOOD said:

As a new player on IE, i can confirm that i suffered to find a "fine" location to start in it, although i got 2 towns near me 

And also prevously I have concerned about the large railway system travel through a long, unclaimed regions of the map and from what I checked from livemap this railway still not be cleared.

Also not far from spawn there are 6-7 furry images with invisible death trap hole go through bedrocks behind it, I lost all of my items except tinker's item when I returned and break the grave. It take me 30 minutes to figured out that is a large MFR laser mining place at too high so my game cannot render the laser

30 minutes ago, Timur said:

@Kaszanka_1234, say sorry to this poor guy.

P.S. I got killed by thous laser aswell.

Its no problem with me, the most valuable items atm is my tinkers' tools which cannot be destroyed. Btw I'm not voted now because I'm too busy for irl jobs months ago and I'm pleased with both choices.

I suggest that, to end this mess we should have a steady wipe schedule. In Path of Exile they start new league after 3 months and everyone started again on new league. What about 6-8 months or more, at the day announced the server wipe. There are few exceptions such as new updates that affects so much on modpacks (like transfer Mc version or change the core mod multiple mods) or some unfixable bugs...

Archived