[FTB Infinity Evolved] Time for server WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

FTB Infinity Evolved server WIPE  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Time to do a full WIPE on FTB Infinity Evolved Server?

• YES! New Map seeds, fresh start and land to explore!
    • NO! Don't WIPE now, let's wait more.
    • I don't care. Show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic

I'm sorry I've come this thread so late, forgive me. I've got a few points to make. First of all, I play as LeJoueur_13 and I have rank on Infinity Evolved and I voted YES.

The week before last, I concluded that vote-crate keys had spoiled the "explore and build up from nothing" play I very originally learned on Minecraft and still enjoy (especially now with Expert Mode). So I've been demolishing everything I've built and giving away all of I've harvested (including from vote-crates). Kanzanka_1234 can tell you how much I've been begging to have my mining undone so I can start over.

Very fortunate timing, isn't it?

There also appears to be some subtle logic being overlooked here. Technically, the only relevant place to build on a multi-player server is somewhere related to Spawn. With as large a realm as a Minecraft seed generates, any terrain feature can eventually be found, given enough travel. And the random teleport can put you very, very far from Spawn, indeed.

However, when you are that spread out, except when very specifically making the effort to teleport together, it's hard to differentiate a Multi-Player Server from a Single-Player. How do we build community, this separated? 

Now, I'm a sculptor. (I really like Micro- and Carpenter's- Blocks.) If we are this spread out, it's virtually impossible for anyone to casually come across any of my productions. It's also obvious that the Mayor of UwU is an artist too; just look where their works are. Obviously, the ideal location for an aesthete is directly out from Spawn's entrance.

I can't say how attractive starting over will be for anyone else, but I just scaled the Eiffel Tower for Minecraft on paper and I'd like everyone to see how it comes out. And then there's the zeppelin I designed. 

I am very sorry for how this will come out for some of you. Tell you what, if you ever need a device or resource that eludes you, drop by my Town and I'll see what you and I can come up with? I'll set it up so anyone can teleport right to my town. (Towny can do that, right?)

Yes, this modpack is not Multiplayer as much as it's Singleplayer with company.
Many people here play solo. Some play in company of couple people. But basically, this modpack more singleplayer based.
Only reason why people play on  server, and not locally, is ability to brag about progress, and feeling that you are not alone in this world.

Ofcourse you can share resources, unless they spawned using creative powers given by donations. And some people even will gladly accept your help.

The world size is limited from -5000 to +5000 in every direction from spawn (only overworld). So in theory you can easily find someone's town by just traveling.

But there is a issues not letting just start building next to spawn
1) Many players just stop playing modpack after some time, because it can be not as "simple" as other modpacks. Their bases will not be deleted without manual request from other players. No "auto town removal" system implemented yet.
2) Many dedicated people want to build BIG BASES, and they will need alot of free space.
3) Some people (me including) have not as strong PC to play, and don't want to chunkload someone's messy laggy base.

Thats most offten reasons why people use Random Teleport to go somewhere far to play. Don't expect people to just stay together, it's only possible with people you know and trust. In that case, just invite them to your town.

Archived