Omni Factory Server time for WIPE? or time for a change? Vote and decide here!

brunyman

Omni Factory WIPE or upgrade  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Time for a full server WIPE on Omni Factory Modded Server? Or time for a modpack change?

• Just a server WIPE! Fresh start for all.
    • NO! I don't think a WIPE is needed, the server is fine as is, no change required.
    • WIPE and upgrade to Nomifactory modpack, the continuation of Omnifactory.
    • Let's close the server and open a new modpack in it's place. (Reply below your modpack suggestion)
    • I don't care. Show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

omnifactory-logo-250.jpg

Hi guys,

Last server WIPE was on 29 August a year ago. Time for a fresh start? As of all WIPE's all data will get a reset except for ranks, new map seeds will be generated and we will provide a download link of the old map. A WIPE will also reduce lag.

But since this pack no longer receives updates, and the successor is the modpack called Nomifactory, should we switch to Nomifactory instead, the continuation of this modpack?

Or whould we open a new modpack to replace this server? If yes please reply below the modpack you suggest.

Check the live server map HERE!

Read more about Nomifactory here: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/nomifactory

Please vote in the pool above and let us know if we should wipe or upgrade to a different pack.

If the Vote decides for updating to Nomifactory:

You probably want to update to one of the more recent versions on their Github: https://github.com/Nomifactory/Nomifactory/actions

(instead of the one on Curseforge thats 8 months old by now)

Those can also be easily imported into Curseforge, FTB App or PolyMC (anything that allows Curseforge imports really)

2 hours ago, sreny said:

If the Vote decides for updating to Nomifactory:

You probably want to update to one of the more recent versions on their Github: https://github.com/Nomifactory/Nomifactory/actions

(instead of the one on Curseforge thats 8 months old by now)

Those can also be easily imported into Curseforge, FTB App or PolyMC (anything that allows Curseforge imports really)

Either that or if you want it a bit 'newer' and better, you can switch to the CEu Port of Nomifactory which replaces Gregtech Community Edition with Gregtech Community Edition Unofficial which is by far better and under active development. The CEu Port of Nomifactory also comes with Gregtech CEu Multiblocks which implements few new Multiblocks, so you don't have to build 10x the same machine to gain more speed, you can just build the multiblock version of it. (Should save (server) resources)

7 minutes ago, Kiyanox said:

Either that or if you want it a bit 'newer' and better, you can switch to the CEu Port of Nomifactory which replaces Gregtech Community Edition with Gregtech Community Edition Unofficial which is by far better and under active development. The CEu Port of Nomifactory also comes with Gregtech CEu Multiblocks which implements few new Multiblocks, so you don't have to build 10x the same machine to gain more speed, you can just build the multiblock version of it. (Should save (server) resources)

not sure if that "under active development" part is a positive for this one - looking at how often the server got updated :)

btw: the multiblock to combine multiple of the same machine also exists in nomifactory - only difference i think is its up to 16 machines and CEu allows up to 64 machines

1 minute ago, sreny said:

not sure if that "under active development" part is a positive for this one - looking at how often the server got updated :)

btw: the multiblock to combine multiple of the same machine also exists in nomifactory - only difference i think is its up to 16 machines and CEu allows up to 64 machines

Yeah i don't want to kick off the discussion about updating servers again. So you are completely right

1 minute ago, sreny said:

Oh really? Should have played the regular nomifactory. Didn't know it has that kind of multiblocks aswell. Guess you mean some kind of processing array where you can put any kind of machine in there, right? Anyways GCYM (The Multiblock Mod) adds another stuff aswell. So i can just suggest it, its pretty nice and also the CEu machines look better (Glowing Coils when EBF is on, Glowing Machines at all etc..)

4 minutes ago, Kiyanox said:

Oh really? Should have played the regular nomifactory. Didn't know it has that kind of multiblocks aswell. Guess you mean some kind of processing array where you can put any kind of machine in there, right? Anyways GCYM (The Multiblock Mod) adds another stuff aswell. So i can just suggest it, its pretty nice and also the CEu machines look better (Glowing Coils when EBF is on, Glowing Machines at all etc..

yeah, processing arrays are exactly what they got, i just couldn't remember the name :)

especially with allowing for multiple of the same input port (optionally seeing them as separate inputs to avoid recipe conflicts) its so nice for automating things

I choose "WIPE and upgrade to Nomifactory modpack, the continuation of Omnifactory."

Why not upgrade to Nomifactory without wipe? I don't detect lags and maybe instead turn off chunkloading for players, who don't log in more than a week? I play on server two weeks and I don't really want to wipe. Or maybe there is a way to transfer player's inventory to upgraded server?

-----------------------------------------------

I have other idea: server with modpack "TerraFirmaResque" based on GregTech 6 and TerraFirmaCraft. Because I searching for server with this modpack for years and I can't find it nowhere, despite the fact that the combination of mods is very interesting. However, I came here to play Omnifactory (Nomifactory) and would not want to lose this server. So maybe is it possible switch some other server to TerraFirmaResque?

7 hours ago, sreny said:

to be fair bruny is busy and i think only he has the powers to perform updates....maybe he could look into letting managers do updates but...for now i cant see it as a huge issue

3 hours ago, Filiz said:

I choose "WIPE and upgrade to Nomifactory modpack, the continuation of Omnifactory."

Why not upgrade to Nomifactory without wipe? I don't detect lags and maybe instead turn off chunkloading for players, who don't log in more than a week? I play on server two weeks and I don't really want to wipe. Or maybe there is a way to transfer player's inventory to upgraded server?

That is maybe theoretically doable..but it would invite world corruption or chunk lags... 

1 hour ago, brunyman said:

CEu Port of Nomifactory seems more easy for players as they get the updates on the curse launcher, is this as let's say future proof as Nomifactory modpack?

I would say so as its just the regular Nomifactory Pack with CE replaced with CEu, so the updates coming to the true Nomifactory will also be in the CEu port.
So it shouldn't be much of a difference which to choose, but CEu as Gregtech Version is way better, thats for sure

24 minutes ago, Filiz said:

Im very sad because CEu seriously change pack and makes him more gregified. Too many things changed, its no more Omnifactory. I came to Omnifactory for rest from GT, but now pack turned into what I wanted to rest from. I feel  rejection.

I played Omnifactory up until late game, and from what I remember, it was 95% Gregtech and the rest was other utility mods. Once you get to end game, that's when other mods really start to come into play.