Betterchunkloader?

Direwolf20

Hi ever since the anti lag plug in got installed I noticed a lot of people complaining, their items that are needed to keep their base running kept disappearing.  Seems like about 90% of all the advanced players then quit around that time, and now its mostly a revolving list of players not regulars.  I heard 1 person tried to use a quarry to load chunks, that didn't work for me either.

Nowadays there is a big lag problem from saving messages, the server seems to stop completely a lot of times to save, moreso than before.  It's almost annoying whenever you want to chat, half the time it's saving so you need to wait.  I don't know if a wipe is needed or what to stop this thing.  And the saves take longer as well as being more frequent.

The plug in called Betterchunkloader might help, because it replaces all chunk loaders and gives the player a limit of how many chunks they can load.  The plug in anti lag might not have worked, instead it may have annoyed a lot of players with far progression into quitting by making it unplayable instead of targeting the lag in a player friendly way.  That's just my theory.

I think the plug-in is a good idea. Moreover, an early wipe when sv wipe some months is neccessary if they can end those annoying situations. We cannot build a large skycrapper as the one in Dreed so we can add everything in 1 chunk and operate it because all chunk loader will be removed after a while. This is dissasster in both machine operations and landscape. Imagine those problems comes from pipes and systems overlap each other (and maybe they cause crash not only for this player but also for server).

1 hour ago, Imperatus said:

i agree with rotomegax 2 should be enough cuz then Me system wont get that giant since the chunloader isn't loading that huge places which might also effect the build style of ppl and bases will be smaller 

1 hour ago, Yusixs said:

4 Online-only chunkloaders per player?
2 seems very low in my opinion. Unless the chunkloaders are "Always active" then I think it should be 3

Actually I mean 2 world anchors, but 2-3 chunks still ok, because many of mods don't need chunkloader because they can automatically chunk-loaded when you stand near (MFR harvester, Ender Quarry) or reload the chunk even when this player in offline when someone accidentally walk near it (Draconic Evolution with Notch Apple upgrade. 

In my opinion, I think players should only have:

- 1 chunk in Overworld that can continue to load even when they are offlined until the next server restart but they have to pay by REAL MONEY (for example 5$ in craftersland.buycraft.net) so they can let machines automatically finished hard works like resonant machine frames.

- 1 chunks that can be automatically loaded in another dimension when they online (for mining)

- 3 chunks that only be loaded when they are online and walk into them at least 1 time after online (like chunks be loaded by MFR chunk loader)

- Also they can hire 2 more chunks but by the REAL MONEY.

These purchases are applied to any type of account to prevent Sponsor players make super base that can drop down tps if some players accidentally walk near or be teleported into it by random teleportation.

19 hours ago, Yusixs said:

4 Online-only chunkloaders per player?
2 seems very low in my opinion. Unless the chunkloaders are "Always active" then I think it should be 3

17 hours ago, rotomegax said:

Actually I mean 2 world anchors, but 2-3 chunks still ok, because many of mods don't need chunkloader because they can automatically chunk-loaded when you stand near (MFR harvester, Ender Quarry) or reload the chunk even when this player in offline when someone accidentally walk near it (Draconic Evolution with Notch Apple upgrade. 

In my opinion, I think players should only have:

- 1 chunk in Overworld that can continue to load even when they are offlined until the next server restart but they have to pay by REAL MONEY (for example 5$ in craftersland.buycraft.net) so they can let machines automatically finished hard works like resonant machine frames.

- 1 chunks that can be automatically loaded in another dimension when they online (for mining)

- 3 chunks that only be loaded when they are online and walk into them at least 1 time after online (like chunks be loaded by MFR chunk loader)

- Also they can hire 2 more chunks but by the REAL MONEY.

These purchases are applied to any type of account to prevent Sponsor players make super base that can drop down tps if some players accidentally walk near or be teleported into it by random teleportation.

This may help the problem but it wont be by much, for instance if i was presented with this chunk limit what i would do is  place a loader in a chunk, mine out the ground in the chunk if this was ftb or tekkit, and just proceed to build my base, with all the machines in the single chunk. Because remember a chunk is 16x16x256 blocks big. That being said, i could easily place any and all machines i need into one singular chunk and the issue would remain the same. It is a good theory on paper but if executed i doubt the issue would change by much.

That being said if you do not do this 16x16 is not exactly big, especially for some mods.

This is just an example, I have never done this nor do i plan to. Just giving feedback on the thought i had when i was reading this forum post about the better chunkloaders chunk limit. it was a good idea though.

A way i think you can help the lag is:

I also feel that a monthly wipe on the entire server may push some people away. One way you can potentially fix this lag is to create separate instances where people can use quarries and certain other lag inducing objects and do a weekly wipe on that instance to help cut down the lag, quarries and which ever other objects must also be disalowed on any other instance but the one im speaking of. This will also erase the lingering lag objects of people who are offline for long periods which will help the lag as well. Before the wipe players that are active will have to go into this instance and retrieve their items before the instance resets or their items and machines will be lost

12 minutes ago, o0DcSniper0o said:

This may help the problem but it wont be by much, for instance if i was presented with this chunk limit what i would do is  place a loader in a chunk, mine out the ground in the chunk if this was ftb or tekkit, and just proceed to build my base, with all the machines in the single chunk. Because remember a chunk is 16x16x256 blocks big. That being said, i could easily place any and all machines i need into one singular chunk and the issue would remain the same. It is a good theory on paper but if executed i doubt the issue would change by much.

That being said if you do not do this 16x16 is not extremely big especially for some mods.

But build everything in 1 chunk in this modpack will cause some serious problems. Thaumcraft infusion altar stability is reduced if the research table or cauldron is in their range (about 4 chunks in wide and 32 blocks in wide). So when you enter endgame your skycrapper will exploded with a tons of flux, flux lighting instead of creative mana pool. 

In tech mods, many people will have problems with automation because the area is too small 16x16, build higher means you have to add more pipes and they can mess up. Anh not only player's problem, but also it will cause sv crash accidentally.

Anh finally, build everything in 1 chunk make the outside harder to build and I'm not supprise if GoldenArmor or Exploding TNT use someone's base in pur server to demonstrate noob's house if we can only load 1 chunk

1 hour ago, rotomegax said:

But build everything in 1 chunk in this modpack will cause some serious problems. Thaumcraft infusion altar stability is reduced if the research table or cauldron is in their range (about 4 chunks in wide and 32 blocks in wide). So when you enter endgame your skycrapper will exploded with a tons of flux, flux lighting instead of creative mana pool. 

In tech mods, many people will have problems with automation because the area is too small 16x16, build higher means you have to add more pipes and they can mess up. Anh not only player's problem, but also it will cause sv crash accidentally.

Anh finally, build everything in 1 chunk make the outside harder to build and I'm not supprise if GoldenArmor or Exploding TNT use someone's base in pur server to demonstrate noob's house if we can only load 1 chunk

In relation to the thaumcraft issue, there is no need to place the alter anywhere near the single chunk becouse you dont need the alter to run offline

as for the piping issue, this can esily be solved with me export busses attatched to ender chests with different whitelisted objects going to each level and ender chests to send the items back, I can easily create a semi-pipeless system, ive done it before.

The last problem is a simple fix if you are talking about pvp seeing as there isnt really pvp on these servers on craftersland. also there is no reason you cant fill all the chunks around your single chunk with obsidian and a layer of water to protect yourself from pvpers. because there is no reason walls need to be chunk loaded. Also if you use this on another server, it will usually have pvp turned off, not saying there are no FTB and tekkit pvp servers, there are. but you can, with magical crops or automation, get more obsidian than you will know what to do with so building thick walls with a water layer around your base will be extremely easy

Also this is if the server set you to one chunk, you are proposing 4 chunkloaders(including the paid ones) which will give 32x32x256 which is a massive amount of lang to build in if you use the onechunk method i spoke about in 4 connected chunks.

The one way i believe you can fix the issue i posted above,

1 hour ago, o0DcSniper0o said:

I also feel that a monthly wipe on the entire server may push some people away. One way you can potentially fix this lag is to create a separate instance where people can use quarries and certain other lag inducing objects and do a weekly wipe on that instance to help cut down the lag, quarries and which ever other objects must also be disalowed on any other instance but the one im speaking of. This will also erase the lingering lag objects of people who are offline for long periods which will help the lag as well. Before the wipe players that are active will have to go into this instance and retrieve their items before the instance resets or their items and machines will be lost

@Yusixs @brunyman If you'd like i can go into further detail on how this would work on discord later if you guys would like. I used this method an a friends FTB server i was GM on and it worked pretty well. so in a few hours if you like we can chat on discord and i can go into further detail about the below idea.

2 hours ago, o0DcSniper0o said:

I also feel that a monthly wipe on the entire server may push some people away. One way you can potentially fix this lag is to create separate instances where people can use quarries and certain other lag inducing objects and do a weekly or even 2-3 day wipe on that instance to help cut down the lag, quarries and which ever other objects must also be disalowed on any other instance but the one im speaking of. This will also erase the lingering lag objects of people who are offline for long periods which will help the lag as well. Before the wipe players that are active will have to go into this instance and retrieve their items before the instance resets or their items and machines will be lost

55 minutes ago, o0DcSniper0o said:

In relation to the thaumcraft issue, there is no need to place the alter anywhere near the single chunk becouse you dont need the alter to run offline

as for the piping issue, this can esily be solved with me export busses attatched to ender chests with different whitelisted objects going to each level and ender chests to send the items back, I can easily create a semi-pipeless system, ive done it before.

The last problem is a simple fix if you are talking about pvp seeing as there isnt really pvp on these servers on craftersland. also there is no reason you cant fill all the chunks around your single chunk with obsidian and a layer of water to protect yourself from pvpers. because there is no reason walls need to be chunk loaded. Also if you use this on another server, it will usually have pvp turned off, not saying there are no FTB and tekkit pvp servers, there are. but you can, with magical crops or automation, get more obsidian than you will know what to do with so building thick walls with a water layer around your base will be extremely easy

Also this is if the server set you to one chunk, you are proposing 4 chunkloaders(including the paid ones) which will give 32x32x256 which is a massive amount of lang to build in if you use the onechunk method i spoke about in 4 connected chunks.

The one way i believe you can fix the issue i posted above,

I don't mean faction, in inf server giefting player's town will be banned heavily. I mean the outlook of the base if everyone tried to put everything in 1 chunk. The wall will be the disguisting combinations of pipes, decoration blocks, IC2 cables, ME cables and other stuff. No one can sure that these things will not cause sv crash as a way the aluminium wire in tekkit do when it is connected to tesseracts. And when you want to use Thaumcraft altar to make higher or end-game items you have to use essence storage of AE2. Another problems will be MFR Harvester/Steve carts for players want to make base from woods, if they make a treefarm that the tree connected or near the structure, the harvester/steve carts will "harvest" this also and the base from less crappy will turn to supercrappy. And finally if many thing is put inside 1 chunk, the loading time will slower in my experience with the old base contain all machines from thermal foundation, IC2, Witchery, Storage Drawer in 1 chunk; also it could make game crash like the horrible base made from carpenter blocks of Omega Pumpkin before the wipe (my game crashed 3 times when I accidentally come near to his carpenter house even it is empty and I have to reset my modem to return to spawn)

But btw 5 can be the best with 3 default chunks and 2 extra you have to pay by real money to get it. Also consider to ban items that can cause lag for sv like tier 3 draconic spawner with notch apple (I think first time is just notice them, second time will be the spawn removing and the third time is ban this player from Draconic Evolution permanently). Another option is staffs that have long time online so they can travel frequently to find the problem and solve it

1 minute ago, o0DcSniper0o said:

@Yusixs @brunyman If you'd like i can go into further detail on how this would work on discord later if you guys would like. I used this method an a friends FTB server i was GM on and it worked pretty well. so in a few hours if you like we can chat on discord and i can go into further detail about the below idea.

Does just look like the one used to create player's island in SF, if it is the same, we should ban RFTool dimension and allow players to create instance contain ore worlds and wipe daily to maintain server

14 minutes ago, rotomegax said:

It just look like the one use in SF, if they can, they should ban RFTool and allow players to create instance contain ore worlds and wipe daily to maintain server

That could also work, however a daily wipe is a little excessive as it does take a while for, as an example an ender quarry to mine to bedrock. then the player would have to go in every day before they log off to remove the quarry, there could also be an issue with the players power IRL going out for some reason so a day may not be enough time. 2-3 days minimum may be better

Also skyfactories island mechanic is not instance based, it is distance based. That is why if you die and tp to someone elses island you will see the death marker still although it will be some 1000 blocks away :P i did fly once between islands as a test, took a while though xD

24 minutes ago, rotomegax said:

I don't mean faction, in inf server giefting player's town will be banned heavily. I mean the outlook of the base if everyone tried to put everything in 1 chunk. The wall will be the disguisting combinations of pipes, decoration blocks, IC2 cables, ME cables and other stuff. No one can sure that these things will not cause sv crash as a way the aluminium wire in tekkit do when it is connected to tesseracts. And when you want to use Thaumcraft altar to make higher or end-game items you have to use essence storage of AE2. Another problems will be MFR Harvester/Steve carts for players want to make base from woods, if they make a treefarm that the tree connected or near the structure, the harvester/steve carts will "harvest" this also and the base from less crappy will turn to supercrappy. And finally if many thing is put inside 1 chunk, the loading time will slower in my experience with the old base contain all machines from thermal foundation, IC2, Witchery, Storage Drawer in 1 chunk; also it could make game crash like the horrible base made from carpenter blocks of Omega Pumpkin before the wipe (my game crashed 3 times when I accidentally come near to his carpenter house even it is empty and I have to reset my modem to return to spawn)

But btw 5 can be the best with 3 default chunks and 2 extra you have to pay by real money to get it. Also consider to ban items that can cause lag for sv like tier 3 draconic spawner with notch apple (I think first time is just notice them, second time will be the spawn removing and the third time is ban this player from Draconic Evolution permanently). Another option is staffs that have long time online so they can travel frequently to find the problem and solve it

I understand where you are coming from however, the one chunk base is an example only, as you said 

24 minutes ago, rotomegax said:

You wont be limited to only one chunk so the issues you are speaking about will not happen you can load 4 chunks next to each other for a massive square of space. pipes can also be covered by facades. There is also no need to put pipe outside the wall you can create a seperate me system for the thaumcraft escentia storage, i always do this anyway since the alter is usually so far away from the base anyway xP and i hook a solar pannel to the essentia me system for power

• Founder

Well, as a chunk loader can load more then 1 chunk, 2 or 4 chunkloaders?

The system will work like this: The first 2 or 4 chunkloaders placed will be added to a whitelist as saved chunkloaders and they will not be removed by the system when the server is lagging. This means you can place as many chunkloaders as you want but they will be removed if server TPS is low, only the saved ones will not.

What about 4 that would be nice.  2 is like the minimum to do anything.  But for my info do you mean only the world anchors?  What will happen if we try to use mfr chunk loader and bc quarries, personal anchor etc?  Will they work but disappear not work or be banned or what.

And how many chunks does the player load by standing there?

Also do the botania sparks cause lots of lag because they disappear also, just wondering I used to use a lot but cut back when they disappear.  Etc

• 4 weeks later...

The new chunkloading plugin should now be on the server.

It acts pretty straight forward and messages show up in chat. You have a number of saved chunkloaders that won't get wiped, if you break one of your saved chunkloaders you get 1 save slot back. 

Suggestions accepted, T/C

• Henk locked this topic

Archived