Particle accelerator not working

Swimsam1

You'll have to give a few more details than that. Exactly how are they broken? What happens when you try and use one? Or build one? Does it melt everything? Hard to fix this when all that is said is that "they are broken, please fix".

The particle accelerator is just a difficult thing to get working. It is difficult because its got to be a minimum size which is quite large, so large that its difficult to chunk load the entire thing and if its not all loaded then usually it blows up in the chunk(s) that isn't loaded.

Quarry's do work to chunk load it if you place them down every few chunks and run around the machine once and start it and then stay in the area by the machine is what's given me the best results when I leave the area and come back its blown up on me every time.

Also when server restarts all quarry have to be picked up and placed again.

Can't remember how many chunks it had to be before it would work I just kept going larger until it finally got enough speed to make anti matter as each corner slows it down to much if it doesn't have a long enough run between corners. That was some time ago now over a year, It was to much of a pain to bother making one again.

Worked for me. The outside of the ring is on the inside Square of a 4x4 chunk area. Top pic shows it made antimatter - 8mg, bottom pic is the size ( the larger one, not the smaller, i was testing the smaller one to see if it worked)

MBsc8uq.png
rLvd88E.jpg

Yeah its always been working Its just gotta be big enough, And while the necessary minimum size is quite large that is not a bad thing later game it's not really that big or expensive once you got the resources.
It makes stupid amounts of power with a fulmination generator too which really should be a later game thing so I think its setup perfectly in that way. Like I've built walls of resonant energy cells and counted it a long time ago it was something like 1gram of anti matter was over 10billion rf I think I just gave up and stopped placing resonant energy cells because they just kept filling.

The only issue is chickenchunks was removed and that leaves non donators with no proper chunk loaders. Quarrys work for you guys if you place them down run around them to make sure they all load up and start the machine. Have to pick them up after every server restart and place them back down to get them to start chunk loading again.
And if you chunk load it with the quarrys and start it and then go somewhere for to long to far away that spot will unload and it will stop.
So its a pain to keep running unless you do something like build it under or over your base and your base is in the area close enough to it so that its always going while your home.

I believe Sponsors get Dimensional Anchors? Those are good chunk loaders most of the time I've had them stop on me too though and they still had fuel in them so that sucks not sure if its because of a server restart I could test I guess.

Try using the MineFactory Reloaded chunk loaders, they require a full and liquid but they don't stop loading chunks unlike the other methods. The only time they will stop is when the server restarts, because it force unloads all chunks. So simply revisit the area and it will continue.

I've never had problems with them, so you shouldn't  have problems either.

Hopefully our input helps solves your particle accelerator problems. 

On 11/6/2017 at 5:56 PM, SKULL9867 said:

Try using the MineFactory Reloaded chunk loaders, they require a full and liquid but they don't stop loading chunks unlike the other methods. The only time they will stop is when the server restarts, because it force unloads all chunks. So simply revisit the area and it will continue.

I've never had problems with them, so you shouldn't  have problems either.

Hopefully our input helps solves your particle accelerator problems. 

This ^^^
The MFR chunk loaders work wonders, although keep in mind they are kind of broken, only set the radius to a max of 1 as it is bugged in which chunks it loads, press f9 and look for the yellow chunks to see what is loaded, at radius 1, it'll do 5 chunks in a +

On 11/6/2017 at 12:26 PM, xxDragonJCxx said:

Mine works.

The minimum size is a 64 block by 64 block ring in order for the particle to pick enough speed to hit 100% speed.  So a 4 x 4 chunk area is needed which means you need to keep 12 chunks loaded to keep it working.

So you expect that the average player can load 12 CHUNKS thats crazy and no it shouldn't work like that before the wipe a 5x5 worked @BigMan5208 had one MFR chunk loader only go 1 chunk and to go more the power it requires is by fulmination generators... See the irony 

4 hours ago, Swimsam777 said:

@brunyman Atomic energy is expensive and please block this power source or fix it or make it so the chunks will load im not expert but is not fair for people do build massive particle accelerators and there be no pay off

You think it should be blocked because you think its too big to use?  A particle accelerators, fulmination generators, and the laser drills they power are pretty much end game in tekkit and at that point should not be an issue resource wise to keep it loaded with either MFR chunk loaders or quarries.  There is nothing wrong with particle accelerators in tekkit and many people including myself have one that works perfectly fine on the server.

Just because it doesn't work for you specifically, or that you haven't gotten it to work yet, doesn't mean that nobody else should get to use it. It works for a lot of other people, the problem here might lie in your own ability to build one.

The server has restricted the amount of chunks you can load in a chunk loader, the way it works is it loads the chunk it is placed in and the four chunks connected to the originally loaded chunk, it will not load the diagonal chunks.

If you set the chunk loaders up in a certain pattern it should be enough to load the entire ring. 

If you are still having problems I can help you when I next log on, just message me either on forums or on discord.

Done some extensive testing for this. These are my results:

- Partical accelerators do work at a (server) maximum size of 4x4 chunks. This is still fairly quick all things considering.

- Power is not an issue, 2 self-sustaining fusion powerplants will be enough to power all chunk loaders, the PA and the powerplants themselfs (i even had left over power to kick start it manually if i shut it down for maintenance or if it stops for some reason.

And yes, PA's are supposed to be expensive... they are end-game after all.

My setup:

4x4 chunks, so it's 62x62 blocks. powered by 2 (self-sustaining) fusion powerplants, each with 33 electric turbines.

All doable in survival mode as it doesn't require Infinite powercells.

cGo4svL.png

The powerplants:

yiDiSFB.png

Their fuel supply:

upXPUPq.png

And last, but not least. Proof that it works:

iVEi9EZ.png

Archived