[Presentation] Zanda

Zanda

Well this is a long time coming I guess, Judge and no one knows who I am!
Whats that all about eh?
So I'm just going to alter the template some what, just to get the basics out of the way then I'll have a bit of fun explaining who I am.

Name: Zanda 

IGN: zax141

Crafter's Land Servers you play: IE mainly, but I jump on DW1.7 and tekkit from time to time.

Discord / Skype Name: Justlaptops_Zanda#7649

So introductions, I'm Zanda, A rather new addition to the craftersland family.
I'm a kiwi, born in new zealand, spent a few years in fiji while I was growing up though.
I know the basics of Maori, due to my mother being Maori.
I can understand some German, and speak very basic, broken German.

I dropped out of highschool at 15, I have nerve damage that causes me intense pain when trying to walk, rendering me unable to make attendance at school.
Meaning, either drop out or be kicked out and have that on my record.
Though it all worked out for the best I've got a well paying job, a nice flat, a really good computer, and I enjoy my work.

Now that the short version of my life story is out of the way, lets get to the fun part!
Hobbies, Past times, and Stuff I enjoy.

I absolutely love, love, love! building computers.
Here's my current PC:

Spoiler

Operating System ( OS ): Windows 10 Pro + Ubuntu 16.10 Dual Boot (& Win 7, XP, and Vista VMs for old games.)

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard

HDD/SSD: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD|Intel - 600p 512gb M.2 SSD |HITACHI - 2TB 5400RPM 2.5inch HDD|WD - Blue 1TB 3.5inch HDD|WD - Black 1TB 7200RPM 2.5inch HDD

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7980XE 2.6GHz 18-Core Processor

Graphics card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Monitor: AOC - U3477PQU 3440x1440 34inch | Achieva - Shimian QH270 27" 2560x1440 

Mouse: Razer - Mamba 2012 limited edition

Keyboard: Thermaltake - POSEIDON Z RGB (BLUE SWITCH EDITION)

Headphones: Audeze LCD-3

PC PartPicker Link: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/7snH99
Photos: https://goo.gl/ASu6jw

Besides that, I enjoy Paint Ball, Go Carting, Gaming, Wood Work, and fixing electronics.
I do program but not for fun anymore, Mostly Web and scripting languages (JS, Lua, HTML, CSS, Python, ect ect)

Eh not much else to say except I'm glad to be here, and I hope I get along with everyone!
Love you all, and have a good time.

Despite all the difficulties it's wonderful that you make what you like and enjoy most.

Nice to meet you! :P

P.p Искам изумруди xd... (that's not russian, in this case, so the translator won't help you)

It's always nice to know a little more about people so you can understand them that little bit better :D

Saying welcome now wouldn't make much sense as i already welcomed you when you started off as staff :P Hope you're enjoying your time as staff!

(Edit: judge! way to go, keep it up!)

It's not that good that the new i9s got such a small base frequency. But if you Turbo Boost it (not overclock,meh) you will get 4 cores working at 4.2-4.0 Ghz,so I recommend you do that.The rest ones will work under 3.9 Ghz.

And what water cooling are you exactly using?

Sorry,I enjoy electronics too :)

On 4/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, CursedDarkness said:

It's not that good that the new i9s got such a small base frequency. But if you Turbo Boost it (not overclock,meh) you will get 4 cores working at 4.2-4.0 Ghz,so I recommend you do that.The rest ones will work under 3.9 Ghz.

And what water cooling are you exactly using?

Sorry,I enjoy electronics too :)

All custom water loop. 360 extra thick rad for the cpu and 2x240 rads for the gpus.

I've also got my i9 stable at 4.6ghz all core OC, but because I mostly work on VM's I don't really see a huge improvement from a 4.2ghz all core oc which is what I run daily.

Also the turbo boost 3.0 which is what the i9's use is complete and utter hogwash, doesn't turbo above 3.6 half the time, and when it does it uses way to much voltage.
Leaving it to do its own thing and turbo to 3.6 is hotter than just limiting the voltage and pushing 4.6 out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like overclocking CPUs/GPUs because it voids warranty and makes their life shorter.Yeah,it would be a big boost with the i7 (6700K) i currently have,but the power it gives me is pretty enough for most of the programs without overclocking...

No, heat makes their life shorter, OC'ing does nothing as far as physical condition is concerned.
But upping the voltage means higher wattage, meaning more heat.

I OC and undervolt every cpu I own/will accept being under volted while maintaining stock clocks.
Also, Pardon my language, But I'm a national retailer for Intel, AMD, and basicly all AIB companies apart from colorful and evga,
And thats just horseshit, overclocking does not void your warranty I've done hundreds of returns to companies like asus, intel, gigabyte, zotac where the unit (laptops, GPUs, CPUs, ect ect) have been overclocked by the users.

While I'd not recommend saying outright that it died because you tried to push 9v though the core, but even if you did, I've had many returns for these issues accepted.

Archived