Glaskerville Bug Report and changelog

image.png

A place to report your bugs you might stumble across in Glaskerville. 

2020-04-04

2020-04-03 - Launch day!

• Added cooldowns to the Lantern and the cursed books.
  • Removed Notes# around the map, as that was a parkour concept that was scrapped.
  • Added loot to missing chests.
  • Implemented checkpoint system on Elytra parkour.
  • Raised the Elytra parkour by 5 blocks to allow checkpoints.
  • Added a Glow effect to the "book" you need to interact with after collecting the clues. To further hint at which one to right-click.
  • Fixed issue where /tpa /tpahere still worked.
  • Fixed a bug that made mobs not spawn in sub-regions of the main region.
  • Fixed incorrect tooltip of Jabra's Soul
  • Added a hint message when entering Glaskerville, to bring a Lantern.
  • Added Archers and Guards in Jabra's Castle.

2020-04-04

• Fixed bug with Lantern and made the notify message to be when cooldown it over.
  • Changed Lanterns tooltip to show 180 seconds. Any new item will show 180seconds.
  • Fixed bug which made checkpoints not work sometimes.
  • Added a barrier floor to the "Spideey" parkour, to make the grappling hook work better.
  • Changed Jabra's attacks to be wither skulls instead of lightning. As that caused issues with above ground.
  • Bill that appears after the Jabra fight no longer drops items 

2020-04-05

• Changed default respawn time of NPC's to 3 minutes, affecting the Guard and Archers in Jabra's Castle.
  • Fixed regions overlapping to the scythe parkour. Reported by @CriticLC_

2020-04-06

• Begun implementing a debug menu, for players to see their current progress status through Glaskerville- and for staff to change it if needs be. Should be in the hands of players and staff in the coming days.
  • Fixed an exploit allowing donators to teleport players inside the Jabra's Castle
  • Implemented more checks when joining the Jabra fight through Benny- that the player has completed all the clues and gained access to Jabra's Castle legitimately.
  • Made a lot of changes to Jabra's Fight, for both Jabra and his minions
    • NPCs should now see you if you are hiding behind blocks and go chase you
    • NPCs are less likely to attack eachother- but still will. And will still get real mad about it.
    • Ranged NPCs will run away when they are being attacked, but still attack you during it
    • Enabled close quarters chasing, should mean it's more optimized on chasing you in close quarters

2020-04-07

• Jabra's Minions should now be immune to eachothers' attacks. Does not work for Area of Effect attacks, such as the splash potion and Wither skulls. 

• Henk pinned this topic

If the torch is used while still in cooldown, the cooldown will reset but the effect won't, therefore leaving player unable to see for extra 2 minutes. Suggesting to reduce cooldown to 10 seconds.

The effect timer in chat announces it for only 1 minute, not 3 that are given.

Can't exchange greater token for 32 normals. (greater => normal) Only if inventory is full though.

If the torch is re-applied before running out, the weared gets the blindness effect nonetheless, while the hero of the village is still active.

In the over-void parkour you fall in the void and die often enough.

The grappling hook void-disappearance is still an annoying bug.

6 hours ago, CowGoesBananas said:

If the torch is used while still in cooldown, the cooldown will reset but the effect won't, therefore leaving player unable to see for extra 2 minutes. Suggesting to reduce cooldown to 10 seconds.

The problem here was that when you use the torch you are set to a temporary group, which has the permissions for you to bypass the blindness. And running that command again while the timer  for it is still going - the timer in Luckperms - it will just return " you already have this..." and not do anything.
I have changed it so that when you use the torch it will now first attempt to remove this temporary group - if you have it - and then immediately after give you back your group again.

Downside with this is that it sometimes causes a flicker, of you seeing darkness for half a second and then back. But I don't think that is too limiting, so that's the solution I went with.

Suggesting to reduce cooldown to 10 seconds.

I don't want to have a short cooldown on it, because it causes quite a few chat lines in both the console and anyone with OP :P 

It also causes quite the issue with sending the "3 seconds remaining" message, because it is put on a delay, and if you have pressed it 10 times in 180 seconds, it will tell you it's 3 seconds left... 10 times. But only 1 of them will be true.

If the torch is re-applied before running out, the weared gets the blindness effect nonetheless, while the hero of the village is still active.

This is then fixed, based on what the changes made above.

The effect timer in chat announces it for only 1 minute, not 3 that are given.

Changed this to tell you when your cooldown is up instead. I also changed the lore tooltip to now say " 3 minutes ". Keep in mind that any existing item that has been purchased will remain to say 60 seconds. 

In the over-void parkour you fall in the void and die often enough.

The zone to trigger you teleporting back was only 1 block tall, I believe if you came through it with speed or a bit of lag, you could pass through it. I have extended it to 10 blocks now and I hope that fixes the problem, please report back if it hasn't.

The grappling hook void-disappearance is still an annoying bug.

Yes, this is because the grappling hook waits for you to hit your target before it allows you to shoot it again. And if you accidentally shoot into the void then it never hits a target and is only fixed by you relogging.
Since @brunyman is the developer of this plugin, I am hoping he is able to fix this bug.
But in the meantime, I have raised the trigger zone for the teleportion in the "spideey" section by 3 blocks, and added a floor with barrier blocks at the bottom for the hook to hit. Hopefully this means you will get teleported before you hit the barrier blocks and die. Please let me know what's the case on that, and we might remove it if it doesn't work out.

Hello, report that one of the Scythe graves (the one in the tree) was protected with the same permissions as the city (Glaskerville) without being able to put commands / fly, / tpa and blindness. I don't know if you are aware of that and they put it like this or it is an error ... (When you enter, it gives you blindness and deactivates the / fly

It is even worth noting that if you die in such parkour, you will reappear in the city and not in the spawn.

https://prnt.sc/rt6jhz

https://prnt.sc/rt6m1b

https://prnt.sc/rt6mbc

https://prnt.sc/rt6mq9

https://prnt.sc/rt6mxe

Updated changelog for 2020-04-06.

Keep in mind that any unintentional behaviors best be reported instead of abused, as it is still classified as an exploit and is therefore a bannable offense. 
But for now I'd like to thank those that have reported issues, but also say that I am disappointed in those who kept quiet and to themselves so that they could abuse it for longer.

I have noticed that in the new city (Glaskerville) the error the "bow" that takes the role of "Hook" is greater .. I explain myself, It is an error that according to what some staff reported is already reported but I have noticed that in the city The bug gets bigger, since to me personally it had not happened before and in the city it happens to me every so often .. The mistake is that when you shoot with the bow it lifts you as if it were the hook, and the hook It is absolutely obsolete because it does not stop using it until you do a reset, either go to the lobby or restart the game.

Hey, this error only happens (at least what we tested and could recreate) when the arrow you throw with the hook falls into the void. What happens? Well basicly the plugin is waiting for an arrow to impact something, but this will never happen because the arrow is falling into the void or "died". So as the plugin is waiting for the arrow to hit, you cant use the hook until it does (to prevent spamming). So basicly by using your bow, you are throwing an arrow which impacts and it acts as the hook did. But as far as I could test, after you did this your hook starts working again and if you keep throwing arrows with your bows it wont work (unless your hook arrow fell again to the void).

If what you mean is that there is another way to recreate this bug, please explain how or send a video (in the video please show where the arrow you are throwing is going).

Thanks!

Ok ok basically that is what happens in that city .. But they should fix that I suppose, since in that city the wings and the hook are used a lot .. and if the hook falls into the void as you explain it would not do much good. .

Thanks!

15 hours ago, CriticLC_ said:

Hi, I don't know if it's a "Bill" error or if it's my error or I don't know ... But I have all 3 clues and "Bill" doesn't give me the option of the book. Can you help me or explain what happens? here?

https://prnt.sc/rwik0w

https://prnt.sc/rwik56

https://prnt.sc/rwikau

Issue dealt, we will investigate it.

Also a reminder for everyone: please dont waste your money buying clues to other players. There is actually a system which wont let you fight with Jabra or get the Translated Clue Book if you havent got them in the correct way (by doing the parkours)

1 hour ago, gerry_lmao said:

Hello,

In case this hasn't been reported already, I got a clue and it was on Spanish, I tried to change it, but you can't change it back to English. I confirmed this with other players.

This used to work but somehow it isn't working anymore. 

https://imgur.com/a/wFuCex9

Hey, it has been intentionally disabled. If you see a GM in game ask him to change it to an english one! Thanks

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, DongSnipper said:

Is not resolved I'm still having the same problem ? 

https://imgur.com/a/RYlEDZz

Heyy, yeah that problem was solved for those players, we use permissions for some Glaskerville stuff so its not a bug rather than you lacking the permission, sometimes when you get a rank transfer that permission might get lost.

For now you will need to ask in Technical Support for a manager to give you the permissions back again, in the future GMs will be able to solve this issues in game.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: I told him to make a new post in TS so its easier for Ness to assign the permissions back again: 

• N3co_ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...