[FTB Infinity Evolved] Time for server WIPE? Vote here!

brunyman

FTB Infinity Evolved server WIPE  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Time to do a full WIPE on FTB Infinity Evolved Server?

• YES! New Map seeds, fresh start and land to explore!
    • NO! Don't WIPE now, let's wait more.
    • I don't care. Show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

infinity.png

So, time for a server WIPE check, the last wipe was over 9 months ago on 17 May 2020. If we WIPE all data will get a reset except for ranks, we will generate new map seeds and provide a download link of the old map. Server lag will be reduced and a fresh map for all to explore! Right now there is little room for new players to start.

Vote in the pool above and let us know what to do next.

Server live map:  HERE

If we wipe we will generate new map seeds and provide a world download link for the existing main world.

How do you think, should Biomes of Plenty be enabled?
Sure, world looks better, but i've experienced some chunk bugs. For some reason when ever i do something on chunk, and then leave it for some time, it revert back to earlier state. I only experience it after BoP was turned ON. It looks like server have problem saving chunks. BoP may be a reason of this bug.

7 hours ago, Timur said:

How do you think, should Biomes of Plenty be enabled?
Sure, world looks better, but i've experienced some chunk bugs. For some reason when ever i do something on chunk, and then leave it for some time, it revert back to earlier state. I only experience it after BoP was turned ON. It looks like server have problem saving chunks. BoP may be a reason of this bug.

But consider if BoP turned off do we have a sea of mushroom island like when Inf server released?

• brunyman unfeatured this topic
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Manager

The overall server performance is not represented by a lag spike. If you notice a persisting lag like this, ping us on discord(@Infinity Evolved), so we can issue a manual server restart. The usual TPS is around 19-20 and at prime time with multiple endgame bases loaded around 18 TPS and what we consider as still in the green. And if the endgame bases are all doing a lot of things at the same time, the TPS can go down temporarily, but a TPS below 10 is indicating that something is wrong, and a server restart should resolve it.

Agree, server works fine enough. But...

I don't want to star this old conversation all over again.
It was discussed:
HERE
and
HERE
and
HERE

And it always was an fight between "Should" and "Should NOT!". Some people want wipe, some don't want it.
But i believe it all boiled down to...

On 1/28/2021 at 12:52 AM, brunyman said:

So, time for a server WIPE check, the last wipe was over 9 months ago on 17 May 2020.

It's not about server performance, it's annual WIPE check, last wipe was 9 months ago. Annual wipe check happens every 6-9 months. It's just time for a check.
If vote fail, next vote will happend in 1-2 months after that. And then again, if fail +1 to 2 months.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...