New Tekkit server? Tekkit 2 modpack, vote here!

brunyman

TEKKIT 2  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Time for a new Tekkit server? Should we host Tekkit 2?

• YES! Replace the current Tekkit server with Tekkit 2 modpack.
    • YES! Keep the current Tekkit server and open a new server on Tekkit 2 modpack.
    • NO! We don't need this modpack.
    • I don't care just show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

image.png

Should we open a new server based on the new Tekkit 2 modpack? This is a continuation of the old Tekkit Classic series. Since almost no one playes on our current Tekkit server maybe we should replace that server with this pack? Please vote and let us know your take.

Here are some details about this new mod pack, running Minecraft 1.12.2 version:

Those of you who are nostalgic for the early days of Tekkit (now known as Tekkit Classic), will love what awaits you in Tekkit 2!

With a collection of nostalgic mods and plenty of new improvements, Tekkit 2 is sure to capture the feeling of possibility and consequence that you felt while exploring the world of machines and contraptions that made the original fun. Keep an eye out for classics such as IndustrialCraft, ProjectE (Equivalent Exchange), Project Red (RedPower) and BuildCraft, alongside additions such as Galacticraft and Tekkit Jaffa Cakes! The world is yours to bend and exploit to your will, whether through alchemy or sprawling factories and mines.

What fresh horrors will you create?

Modpack link: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tekkit-2.1935271

Tekkitmain seems more popular than some of the other packs that are available on CL. Obviously it would he hard to say what influence Tekkit 2 will have on Tekkitmain but as it stands it would make more sense to have them exist side-by-side and purge a server that doesn’t have high player count instead.

I voted on the wrong option, but could not change my vote. There are definitely some packs that are not meant for larger servers, purging those would be a better idea than removing one of the more popular packs. 

1 hour ago, brunyman said:

How about the idea to replace current Tekkit with Tekkit 2?

People voting to replace are people that I've never seen play tekkit so that's a easy vote for them.

1 hour ago, ASOOD said:

imo, there's no need to keep the dead servers opened.

That roughly translates to close every cl server, tekkit is still one of the more active ones and becoming even more active right now, I've seen many different login and comeback the next day.

Tekkitmain should stay.

4 minutes ago, mikewerf said:

That roughly translates to close every cl server, tekkit is still one of the more active ones and becoming even more active right now, I've seen many different login and comeback the next day.

not really, there're some servers with 0-1 logins per day currently

• Founder

I do like Tekkit main and has so many years of memories in our community, the issue is we have 25 modded servers, from them only about 5 generate revenue to keep everything running, at some point we need to look and close old servers that are empty most of the time as we will not be sustainable if we keep going into this direction. Hosting prices just increased 20% because of inflation and high energy costs. Now with the increasing costs and income that from last 2 years kept going down we will need some changes.

3 hours ago, brunyman said:

I do like Tekkit main and has so many years of memories in our community, the issue is we have 25 modded servers, from them only about 5 generate revenue to keep everything running, at some point we need to look and close old servers that are empty most of the time as we will not be sustainable if we keep going into this direction. Hosting prices just increased 20% because of inflation and high energy costs. Now with the increasing costs and income that from last 2 years kept going down we will need some changes.

And due to that I've been saying that there's no need to keep the dead servers

19 hours ago, brunyman said:

Yeah just do what seems the most economical

20 hours ago, brunyman said:

Right let's close the server that has less players then tekkit. 

Why would one remove a better running server then a real dead server

Also

Not a single tekkit player has voted to have the server removed why are people their vote that never played tekkit relevant anyways?

Would be sad to see that a bunch of random people get tekkit removed cuz they don't play it.

16 minutes ago, karpouzas12 said:

I love how people who have never played tekkit are voting for it to get removed while servers like Pixelmon and Skyfactory 2.5 haven't had any players in ages. 

That is my opinion aswell, even tho i have never touched tekkit except for like 5 minutes. There are like 2 - 3 other Servers with way less players, how about removing them first if you want to shut down dead servers?

As someone who has played tekkit 2 for a while now, replacing tekkitmain with tekkit 2 would overall feel like a downgrade since tekkit 2 is just a more modern tekkit classic while tekkitmain has more mods to play with
It would make more sense to close up other servers that generally see no people playing than closing tekkitmain which still has a decent playerbase