Are you tired of getting your Packagers/Auto Crafters set to obsidian because they are laggy and want to replace them? Then AE2 is what you need not only you'll be happy with this fancy setup but the server TPS will thank you ^^. "But D34D how can I automate it with AE2?" Well that's why I'm making this guide.

Let's begin getting a simple ME system, you'll only need :

• An Energy Acceptor
  • Some ME cables
  • An ME drive with some Storage Cells
  • A Terminal / Crafting Terminal
  • A pattern Terminal (Not necessary for a basic ME system but we'll need it to automate stuff :P )

And it should look something like this :wLMaALb.png

To power it you just simply have to attach an energy source to the Energy Acceptor

Let's start working with the bonsais, to import their contents to our ME system the easiest (and most lag-friendly) way is to put ME Interfaces below them like this:yuyRDG6.png

GxdvBt3.png

To start processing those resources you'll need some blank patterns, more ME interfaces and a Molecular Assembler, this machine allows the system to craft items but before that we need to configure those blank patterns with the craftings we want in the Pattern Terminal. For that just add the crafting recipe on the grid and click on that big arrow to configure one pattern with this crafting.

vhOREOT.png

Now let's place the Molecular Assemblers with some ME Interfaces next to them and connect them to our system and to add craftings just add those configured patterns inside the Interfaces. Adding more interfaces will give you more room for other recipes with 8 recipes mer Interface with a max of 48 per Molecular Assembler ! I wouldn't recommend adding too many since the Assembler can only do one crafting at once, also add some Acceleration Cards to the Assemblers to speed them up.

HjIC8uh.png

NnqvlR7.png

Once added they should pop up in your terminal as craftable items, but to be able to craft them your system will need some processing power aka Crafting Storage, for this specific setup I'd recommend just a 1k Crafting Storage per Molecular Assembler, you shouldn't need more than that.

iJo0DwQ.png

mXwqjky.png

Ok now your system can craft stuff on demand, it's really nice but it's not exactly what we want since having to ask a bunch of them every now and then would be annoying. That's where the Crafting Card comes to the rescue, usually an export bus sends out stuff from your storage to the adjacent block, but the crafting card makes a crafting request for the item you want to output instead. So what we are going to do is to connect an export bus with the crafting card to a temporary storage ( I use a cabinet but you can use anything that has a storage, a chest for example) and then get those items back to our system by piping them to a near ME Interface ( Using an Import Bus would work too but it would be slower)

HsCqpQd.png

In addition to the Crafting Card I usually add 2 capacity cards to be able to output multiple items and an Acceleration Card to speed it up, also don't forget to specify what item do you want to output.

1kpRXwC.png

DON'T FORGET TO SET THIS TO "DO NOT USE STOCKED ITEMS" SO THAT THE ITEMS WON'T GO BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE CHEST AND THE SYSTEM !!!

wSggOH6.png

Once set up it'll start crafting items as you can see on the last image.

Ok that's the main point of this post, if you are confident enough you should be able to find out the rest of the setup by yourself, however I'll still show you how I used it in my Bonsai Farm.

So the first thing I wanted to get from this setup was to get all that wood from my ME system to all around my base to power up combustion engines, an ultimate furnace I got from the Legendary Crate and other minor stuff, the best way to do it is to use an Item Transfer Node, this block will send wireless-ly items from it's internal storage to the blocks stored inside its GPS Markers, for example if I want to send that wood to a Combustion gen I'd Right Click the gen with a blank GPS Marker to store its coords and put that marker inside the Item Transfer Node. Only thing left to do would be adding an Export Bus with a Crafting Card with the item we want to output.

bpvsnkP.png

XthFBPb.png

Also all this Amber is great and all but it would be better to directly get the ingots or the jewels for the diamond and emerald ones, for that you can simply use Mekanism's and NuclearCraft's Machines, most of metal ambers can be doubled with an Enrichment Chamber and transformed to ingots with an Energized Smelter or a Furnace powered with our wood from earlier ;), so to automate this is quite simple just output the amber with an export bus with a crafting card to the Enrichment Chamber, configure its sides to output the results to the Furnace and use some pipes to get the freshly made ingots back to the system.

v8mSFI5.png

For the ambers that can't be doubled in the Enrichment Chamber they all can be melted in Nuclearcraft's Melter and then you can simply convert them into items with the Ingot Former ( It can also form Diamonds and Emeralds not only ingots :P ) The setup is similar to the one above, you'll just need a fluiduct between the two machines.

f7FxoII.png

And that's it, thanks for making it this far ^^. If there's anything you don't understand or you think should be changed in this post just let me know in-game or on discord and I'll explain it and modify this post if needed.

~D34D

• Virtmo pinned this topic
  • Ramma unpinned this topic