Easter Holiday SALE 40% OFF ends in:

Thank you for support!

Poll on Needle gun

PM_eligability

Please from now on use the poll feature in the topic creation when you're creating a poll. 

The needle gun us banned for a reason. Protection bypass. I do not know what kind but if its because of that its to stop players from getting in trouble for harming other players in claims. 

7 hours ago, Yusixs said:

What if it can bypass the town protection plug-in?  You'd soon see loads of people complaining of the mobs in their island being killed by people without any strong evidence to back them up

after i got off i thought about this and realized how few people have passive mob farms on this server. people would have to go on a witch hunt to find passive mobs

Bows can kill passive mobs too, just saying, this gun seems to be on the same level as bows.  What makes it too OP is if it can be shot while standing in a town you are not trusted in.  Maybe shooting it in towns can be removed somehow if that's the case.  Tekkit could use 1 more ranged weapon instead of bow.

Then we could enable it on DW20 as well because it also has the mod

3 hours ago, QuartzWitch said:

Bows can kill passive mobs too, just saying, this gun seems to be on the same level as bows.  What makes it too OP is if it can be shot while standing in a town you are not trusted in.  Maybe shooting it in towns can be removed somehow if that's the case.  Tekkit could use 1 more ranged weapon instead of bow.

Then we could enable it on DW20 as well because it also has the mod

Your statement has a huge number of things wrong with it, quartzwitch. 

For starters, if we start allowing one item back even though it bypasses, soon people will want to allow other weapons that bypass in. Then tools. Then stuff that can allow you to steal from a "protected" town. What's the purpose of protection then, if you can just bypass it and attack someone in an area believed to be safe?

Point two: Bows don't just kill animals. They also kill players. Same point goes for needleguns, and other ranged weapons. The reason it's disabled is because it bypasses the town protection, even when shot from outside of the town, or inside the town, and a patch for the plugin is not able to be done. If it could have been done, it would have been done by this time.

Point three: Items are banned for a reason and a purpose. If you really want to play somewhere that has them enabled, I'm afraid it's not here. Be warned, though, that they won't be nearly as friendly as tekkit is. Reckless use of restricted items causes many issues to the server, such as demoralizing new players, spamkilling, making safe, impregnable bases unsafe and able to be stolen from, and many others.

This topic should be closed, because even though a number of people voted for the needlegun, let it be known that a significant portion of those who argued for it are not the people that should be trusted with any restricted item. 

As quagma, Nukelar and ramsey said, it bypasses the protection thus it was banned, the straw poll doesn't help either since it's anonymous plus it's not even made on the forums and anyone can vote on it not just the members of our community thus on their request I am going to close this topic, if brunyman wishes to reply he can even if it is locked.

Archived