Time for a WIPE on Tekkit Server? Vote and decide!

brunyman

Tekkit server WIPE.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a server WIPE on Tekkit?

• YES! Fresh maps, new seeds and a new start for all. (ranks don't get lost)
    • NO! The server is fine WIPE is not needed.
    • I don't care, just show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

tekkit.png&key=88c5522ed46d61a7aaa24cd3d

Is it time for a WIPE? We got several WIPE requests since February I think the map still has some room for new players but there is some lag during traffic hours. Vote in the pool above and decide, this will be a fast vote pool.

The last server WIPE was on 6 October 2019, about 6 months ago.

The reset will get us new map seeds, fresh start for all, all data reset except ranks and less lag. We will provide a download link of the existing overworld map.

Check server stats here:  http://minecraft-mp.com/server/14938/stats/

And Live Map here:  http://tekkit.craftersland.net:25800/#

Vote in the pool above and let us know what to do next. Thanks!

Idea for a better economy.

Introduce a crypto currency that players can burn ingots for example for a tiny amount of crypto.

Example
64 Iron ingots = 0.00000010
64 Gold ingots = 0.00000050

This would keep resource availability down for a better market economy and also give players actual currency to keep sell or trade.

I can provide the crypto for free and advise on how to implement it.
HMU admins :)

9 hours ago, CMSIR said:

Idea for a better economy.

Introduce a crypto currency that players can burn ingots for example for a tiny amount of crypto.

Example
64 Iron ingots = 0.00000010
64 Gold ingots = 0.00000050

This would keep resource availability down for a better market economy and also give players actual currency to keep sell or trade.

I can provide the crypto for free and advise on how to implement it.
HMU admins :)

The issue with that is there are ways to make so much iron and gold that the system for that would get abused. So I doubt that it would get put into the server.

10 hours ago, pigbossatx said:

The issue with that is there are ways to make so much iron and gold that the system for that would get abused. So I doubt that it would get put into the server.

Anything generated has been made using time and skill, "Abuse" would only come from duping.
For example
0.00000010 of a crypto worth 0.10c each is basically nothing. 

If a player turns up with 1000 stacks of iron then the amount is only 0.00010000 (0.001c). 

4 hours ago, CMSIR said:

Anything generated has been made using time and skill, "Abuse" would only come from duping.
For example
0.00000010 of a crypto worth 0.10c each is basically nothing. 

If a player turns up with 1000 stacks of iron then the amount is only 0.00010000 (0.001c). 

Again, what Im saying I had 12,000 iron blocks, and all of that in ingots is roughly  100,000 which came from minimum stones and an enderman farm. Now think about how that would effect how people play. The goal now is to make as many enderman farms possible to get as much Iron as they can so they can grind the crypto. I say 'abused' because its a system that would get alot of crypto in a shot amount of time.

• brunyman unfeatured and unpinned this topic