Crafter's Land Newsletter | August 2018

Yusixs

unknown.png

Time for the 4th Newsletter everyone ?. This month's progress has been very satisfactory and we have been going at a steady progress to improve this community. I say improve because you can never always be perfect, there's bound to be some areas in which lack improvement. There's quite a bit of stuff planned for September which I'm sure you will all enjoy.  If you would like to see any improvements done to the newsletter, be sure to reply down below with your suggestions. With that said, let us begin!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TOP VOTER WINNERS

Competition has been high for even this month with a lot of servers having very close results. Some people were off from the TopVoter position by only 1 to 2 votes. That's amazing! You want to know what's more amazing, sku1zx had scored 31/31 votes on almost half of the voting websites of Network! Now, do you want to know something even more amazing?! This is llaya's 3rd time in a row to become the TopVoter! It's hard to even be the TopVoter in the first place but what's even harder is maintaining it among everyone. To the rest of you, I wish you the best of luck on becoming the next month's TopVoter! The August TopVoters are:

Direwolf20 1.12: blueatlanta
Direwolf20 1.7: dierkrieger
Revelation: GAlliumYttrium
Skyfactory 3: Garnetbelial
Skyfactory 2.5: llaya
Network: sku1zx
Infinity: JerothG
Tekkit: csabi03

Enjoy your new rank in-game! (Will be applied shortly after I make this post!)

PURE SURVIVAL, CREATIVE AND SKYBLOCK SERVERS UPDATE TO 1.13

Things have been hectic over at our vanilla servers ever since 1.13 was officially released. Not only did we had to use an early snapshot build of 1.13, but most of the plugins weren't updated yet. Brunyman tried his best to get them all ported to 1.13 but we're still short on a few. However in the upcoming days, this will soon change and all of the plugins will be updated to 1.13. It will be as if nothing had ever happened for you guys. Another important thing is that we have switched over to another permission system which has proven to be much more superior than the last one we have used. However this has caused everyone to lose their ranks (It was expected). If you are missing your rank on the server then feel free to make a Rank Reactivation Request.
Finally, I hope all of you will enjoy the 1.13 update ?  

Changelog for Pure Survival:

Updated to full Minecraft 1.13

Full data WIPE.

Generated new maps on 1.13.

Updated all plugins for 1.13 (80% needed to be updated by us)

Updated configs where needed for API changes (Materials and Sounds)

Changed the permission plugin for a better one. If you rank is missing post a rank re-activation request.

Updated all network store packages.

Added some new donation shop packages and tweaks some existing ones.

Changelog for Skyblock:

Full data WIPE.

Generated new maps on 1.13.

Updated configs where needed for API changes (Materials and Sounds)

Changed the permission plugin for a better one. If you rank is missing post a rank re-activation request.

Updated network store packages.

Changelog for Creative:

Full data WIPE.

Updated configs where needed for API changes (Materials and Sounds)

Updated network store packages.

1.jpg&key=6aad68839be97ab1e8e1508992d04e

1.jpg

Server IP (Cracked): mc.craftersland.net

Server IP (Premium USA): play.craftersland.us

Server IP (Premium EU): play.craftersland.eu

MANAGEMENT TEAM UPDATES

It's the time you've all been waiting for. Yes, we have decided to expand the management team and for that I welcome our newest member @DragonLady to come onborad! She has been a staff member for us for several years with an impressive activity streak aswell. As of now she is a Super Moderator (further explained in staff ranks topic) and will be helping you all with some higher-level stuff such as Promotions, Command Requests and more! We're so excited to expand the team and with that said, I would like Dragon to share a few words from herself:

"Hello everyone, my name is DragonLady. First off I want to thank Bruny, Henk and Yuxixs for giving me the opportunity to work inside of the management team, I really didn't expect this promotion at all.

Perhaps you guys have seen me on the servers, maybe you haven't, but I'm the newest member to the management team. In-game I look like a normal GM, but I have a few more permissions so I can help in-game when the others don't have time.
Just like everyone else in the staff team, I started as a helper and slowly made my way to GM. When I saw the message about me becoming a Super Mod, I was absolutely shocked. I thought GM was the highest rank possible, but apparently I was wrong.
This shows that everyone that starts from the bottom, can rise to the top, just look at Henk and Yusixs.
It has been a few weeks now, and sometimes I still can't believe it to be honest.
I'll try my best to help improve the server even more.
Finally, when you see me online, don't be afraid to send a message, I won't bite :p.

-DragonLady

REVELATION UPDATE

Random updates are random but there wasn't a whole lot added into this update. The pack has been updated to the recommended version but it's basically a maintenance update to keep the mods up to date and what not. We managed to fix the AE2 crafting bug with this update as we'd received a handful of reports about it and applied some changes to reduce server lag aswell. However, there was a major issue with this modpack, almost everyone who was using RS drives has had their drives disappear randomly without a known cause. We tried our best to locate this issue but unfortunately, we couldn't figure it out. No error-log etc to even help us begin this search. We even tried to rollback the areas to get the drives back but sadly, they were still missing. It is highly advisable to entirely switch to AE2 systems as this bug didn't affect those systems and it's highly likely that this bug will happen again soon aswell.

If there are any bugs on the server, be sure to report them HERE. If anyone of you is interesting in reading the entire change-log, be sure to check our brunyman's post about it. Read more HERE

unknown.png

Changelog:

Added a new mod called Soot-0.18hotfix (Fixes most outstanding issues with Embers)

Removed some laggy conduits from some bases that were crushing the server TPS.
Updated server forge and sponge versions and libraries.Updated permission plugin.

Applied patches to some updated mods.

Updated 26 mods, fixes yey!

Fixed AE2 auto crafting.

Updated mod configs.

Server IP: rev.craftersland.net

DIREWOLF20 1.12.2 UPDATE

Following the update of FTB Revelation came the update of Direwolf20 1.12.2, and just like the revelation update, this too was mostly a maintenance update. A new mod by the name of Building Gadgets was added and 27 mods were fixed. We were glad that there was no RS drive disappearing issue on this server so there is no need to worry over here. If you see any issue on the server however, please report it HERE

If you are interested in reading the entire topic then Read more HERE

unknown.png

Server Changes:

Added a new mod called Building Gadgets.

Applied patches to some updated mods.

Updated forge and sponge versions.

Updated server libraries and scripts.

Updated 27 mods and configs.

Updated permissions plugin.

Mods Added: Building Gadgets 

PURE SURVIVAL, CREATIVE, HIIPO AND SKYBLOCK SERVERS UPDATE TO 1.13

With the 1.13 update being very successful, we didn't hesitate to update to 1.13.1 when the opportunity came! This time we even resetted the Hiipo Survival server and also brought it up to the 1.13.1 class. We were also able to bring in the livemaps to the server which can be found in the signs at spawn, it's very hard to miss. Moreover, we are glad that there hasn't been any issue with this update and the fact that everything is running smoothly, if not, better than the 1.13 update. If anyone of you are interested in the changes done in 1.13.1 then feel free to watch Xisuma's video down below:

Server IP (Cracked): mc.craftersland.net

Server IP (Premium USA): play.craftersland.us

Server IP (Premium EU): play.craftersland.eu

STAFF RANKS EXPLANATION 

Have you ever wondered what me, brunyman or Henk do on the servers? Have you ever wondered if Judge is actually the highest rank? Well fear not as we finally have a explanation topic out for all of those who are slightly mis-informed or just outright confused. When I first joined this community, I didn't even know GM+ was even a rank until months later...but now things have changed. This topic may be edited in the future depending on the circumstances and I'll let everyone know if there has been any said update

If anyone of you have any more questions to ask about this topic then feel free to reply down below or ask in discord! Without further ado, here's the topic:

Click Here to go to the Link!

NEW DEDICATED SERVER MACHINE

As many of you have noticed the recent donation limit increase, it was only a matter of time before we announce that we have a new dedicated server machine aswell! On a random day, we were discussing on what to do next and we felt that it was time to expand into the 1.12 modpacks territory. Seeing as how they are much more stable than 1.10 modpacks and the fact that the sponge team has been working hard to make 1.12 SpongeForge more stabilized. If anyone of you are interested in its specs then this is the information you're looking for:

Intel KabyLake i7-7700k 4,2GHz, 4,5GHz Turbo with 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1

Price? That's a trade secret but what I will say is that this is very much worth for its money. Expect some new servers soon as this machine wasn't ordered just to idle around ?.

GUIDES

How to play CTW: Thanks to @SniperWolf for making a guide for new players on starting off with CTW. With the lack of guides related to this matter. He went on and made one himself to fill the gap. There is a lot more stuff left to edit but it's enough to give everyone a general idea on what to do to get the better kits unlocked on the server. Have fun and keep winning these games! Read full guide HERE

How to play Run from the Beast: Again another guide from @SniperWolf with this one focused towards our Run from the beast gamemode. It's a very thrilling gamemode and I am glad that he has made a guide for it. If you are a group of friends just willing to have a unique playing experience then head on over to this gamemode on our Vanilla servers and give it a try yourselves! Reading this guide will surely help you gain the upper hand from your friends. Read full guide HERE

Draconic Energy Ball guide: Thanks to @Towilloughby for spending his time and making a guide on setting up your very own Draconic Energy Ball over on our Skyfactory 3, Direwolf 1.12, Revelation and SF2 server (Note that Tier 8 isn't available on SF2). If you're one of those whose client just lags too much when viewing the build guide then this guide is a perfect alternative to avoid those dreadful fps drops! Read full guide HERE

Forum Guide: Thanks to @Jimmel for extensively taking his time and has made an amazing guide for every new person on the forums. It expands from the entire areas of reporting trouble to getting your way around through everything. I would highly suggest giving this a read. In fact, I will add this under the newsletter image aswell on the main forums page. Read full guide HERE

(Any future guides will be showcased on this section of the newsletter in the future! Be sure to make great builds!) 

FUTURE IDEAS

Forum Improvements

Acv2 minor bugfixes and launch

New modded server

New vanilla gamemode

Discord Improvements

Maintenance

• Henk unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived