Time for a WIPE on Tekkit Server? Vote and decide!

brunyman

Tekkit server WIPE.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a server WIPE on Tekkit?

• YES! Fresh maps, new seeds and a global reset.
    • NO! The server is fine WIPE is not needed.
    • I don't care, just show me the results.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Founder

tekkit.png&key=88c5522ed46d61a7aaa24cd3d

So we got some requests for a server WIPE, and also the server map is full and harder for new players to start. There are also issues with lag from some big bases.

The last server WIPE was on 8 Octomber 2018, almost 6 months ago.

The reset will get us new map seeds, fresh start for all, all data reset except ranks and less lag. We will provide a download link of the existing overworld map.

Check server stats here:  http://minecraft-mp.com/server/14938/stats/

And Live Map here:  http://tekkit.craftersland.net:25800/#

Vote in the pool above and let us know what to do next. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, micsteven9588 said:

But isn't the point of a wipe to reduce lag/clutter etc? By keeping player's plots, it would not have much of an impact on that, no?

To an extent, you see a fresh server destroys 90% of the lag and there are not that many active players thats over 80% of all tows being removed 

1 minute ago, Swimsam777 said:

To an extent, you see a fresh server destroys 90% of the lag and there are not that many active players thats over 80% of all tows being removed 

Ohhh, so a wipe easily removes non active players bases to reduce lag.

Would another system be to wipe out inactive towns every month or so? Maybe make a roster/list of active players who return regularly? or is that not even an option?

3 hours ago, micsteven9588 said:

Would another system be to wipe out inactive towns every month or so? Maybe make a roster/list of active players who return regularly? or is that not even an option?

Yeah Non active player bases are most likely not even loaded, hence they would not cause lag. The plugin you suggest is useful for other reasons however for maintaining space on the server. 

3 hours ago, micsteven9588 said:

We remove towns mostly when there is a town removal request on the forums, we only start removing towns ourselves when the server has been up for long, but its hard to find all inactive towns.

4 minutes ago, MeanManSlayer said:

We remove towns mostly when there is a town removal request on the forums, we only start removing towns ourselves when the server has been up for long, but its hard to find all inactive towns.

If you want to delete all the inactive towns its very easy. Just delete every town. That will delete inactive ones 

Can I suggest something.

A lot of towny-like plugins have a daily rent-thing. As in, every day, a tax is taken from the mayor's balance to keep the town claimed. I think this would be a good thing to have to remove inactive bases. Especially by making them raidable. Not only will it make the server more open to the raiding mechanic, it will also help the new players find plots to claim, as the inactive ones would be unclaimed when the mayor runs out of money.

Edited by ACFreak13
Adding to post.

The lag isn’t even that bad... I’m playing on a Mac book pro and I’m having no problems. That’s saying something, it’s not the server’s fault you’re having lag if you’re playing with 100 mods on a chrome book. Get a better computer. I literally just put about a months work into this server, I don’t want my hard work to be destroyed. Just delete more claims of people who’ve stopped playing and wipe those areas.

12 hours ago, ACFreak13 said:

Can I suggest something.

A lot of towny-like plugins have a daily rent-thing. As in, every day, a tax is taken from the mayor's balance to keep the town claimed. I think this would be a good thing to have to remove inactive bases. Especially by making them raidable. Not only will it make the server more open to the raiding mechanic, it will also help the new players find plots to claim, as the inactive ones would be unclaimed when the mayor runs out of money.

This would be cool HOWEVER, think about the fact that we have creative bases that cannot be raided.