Goodbye Crafter's

Powerwarp

I have found it incredibly to write this post as Crafter’s Land has been such an influential part of my life & childhood. It’s so weird for me to think that I’ve been apart of such an amazing and unique community for slightly under a third of my life. Honestly, I have been putting this off for too long and unfortunately at some point it had to happen. As I am writing this, I’m struggling to know where to begin, simply because I have so many good memories and experience here, almost too many to count. So I guess I should just start at the beginning.

I still remember the first time I ever joined the server, and was so confused by the old-style portals that every hub seemed to have at the time. If someone back then told me this is where I would be now, years later, I would’ve laughed and told them they couldn’t possibly be telling the truth. Back then, I thought it was one of the best achievements ever to become the Top Killer on Assassin’s Craft, let alone a Manager. Staff were idolised profoundly, and well known members were treated like gods. It was such a simpler time, when everyone knew everyone, and it was a far more relaxed atmosphere (leading to uncountable instances of abuse!). Countless hours were spent on each server, whether this be completing (and later building) parkours on Assassin’s Craft to ensuring Gamebox was all powerful in factions!

Of course, I had my ups and downs, I was quite young when I joined staff and used to really take the job seriously, to the point where this stopped me enjoying the game I loved. Nevertheless, I made some exceptional friends, far too many to name them all. I’ve seen a lot of great people come and go and have stayed in contact still till this day with many of them. A lot of my fondest memories are creating some of the Arche servers with the help of brunyman, creating HeistMC with Matt and then playing on them with the staff & friends. Seeing others enjoy something I’d spent time making was always the best reward, never the donations or the player count. Although they were never the most popular servers, I never regretted it and loved all the support and positive comments I received from the community.

Although towards the end of my time here I’ve enjoyed my job less and less, it goes without saying I have learnt substantial amounts of skills that have certainly helped mature me as a person and given me the ability to solve issues in my own day-to-day life. To those of you who find this hard to believe, you would be incredibly surprised of the life-long skills you can pickup from something as simple as a Minecraft Server.

I’d like to keep this short but sweet(well, not very short :P), and ultimately want to say goodbye to a community that gave me so much. I’ve had some bad times going through school and Crafter’s Land was a place where I was accepted, respected and listen to. We have such a diverse range of people joining us daily, where we forget about the bad that’s going on around us and come to relax and have fun with like-minded people; those who don’t care about your ethnicity, salary or popularity but how well you can fight in pvp or how good you are at parkour!!:)). That’s why I spent so much time here, the open atmosphere and dedication displayed by players and staff alike.

A community is nothing without it’s members. So thank YOU for making this such a great place to be apart of. I will remember Crafter’s Land for the rest of my life, I am certain of it. If things go to plan, Kay will be helping out on Network staff side - I know that he'll do an amazing job and bring some fresh ideas to Network. Although my time here has ended, my memories of this wonderful place will last for ever. Thanks for reading, I will hopefully see you guys again at some point! 

Powerwarp

It's really sad to see you go, hopefully this is just a short term thing because there are some times in life where you have all the free time in the world while in some you feel like time is just running out of your hands and you can't spare any proper free time. I know for a fact that the latter one is happening to me right now lol. 

I remember on around the first week of helper, i got a message from you about an interview. Frankly, I had never once done an online voice chat let alone an interview due to no mic but I have to say, that one minute was intense. 

You were always there for all the irregular questions and situations I had to face when I was a helper and were there for the whole December issue aswell. During that month, you really proved me that there are indeed skills you can learn from just a minecraft server which can help you even in the most trickiest situations. I'm sure you'll achieve heights of success in life and will bring happiness to those around you :).

We will always be there for anything you will need help with, be it server related or not. Thanks for everything you've done!

Still have alot of unanswered questions left, check pm. Hopefully this is not where things will end

28 minutes ago, Yusixs said:

It's really sad to see you go, hopefully this is just a short term thing because there are some times in life where you have all the free time in the world while in some you feel like time is just running out of your hands and you can't spare any proper free time. I know for a fact that the latter one is happening to me right now lol. 

I remember on around the first week of helper, i got a message from you about an interview. Frankly, I had never once done an online voice chat let alone an interview due to no mic but I have to say, that one minute was intense. 

You were always there for all the irregular questions and situations I had to face when I was a helper and were there for the whole December issue aswell. During that month, you really proved me that there are indeed skills you can learn from just a minecraft server which can help you even in the most trickiest situations. I'm sure you'll achieve heights of success in life and will bring happiness to those around you :).

We will always be there for anything you will need help with, be it server related or not. Thanks for everything you've done!

Still have alot of unanswered questions left, check pm. Hopefully this is not where things will end

Thanks for the kind words man, I hope to be back at some point - just not sure when! Hopefully we can stay in contact in the future (:

Oh no! We're starting 2018 sadly? I'm really sad about this. 

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to become staff, you were the one who inspired me to do more, I was scrolling through posts, and I saw a lot about you, you're a very good person and staff, and you will be missed, but, who is going to be the network manager now? We need someone to replace you, but that is difficult, and none can replace this.

4 minutes ago, Nukelar said:

Sad to see you go man, was really nice having you here.

Thank you, hopefully I will see you around!

1 minute ago, Zawita said:

Oh no! We're starting 2018 sadly? I'm really sad about this. 

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to become staff, you were the one who inspired me to do more, I was scrolling through posts, and I saw a lot about you, you're a very good person and staff, and you will be missed, but, who is going to be the network manager now? We need someone to replace you, but that is difficult, and none can replace this.

No problem man, thanks for everything that you've done for the community already! And hopefully Kay will, but brunyman needs to speak to him.

This can't be possible... I don't know what to write here...

It's sad to see you leaving, as you probably know you are one of the essentials parts of the community and the staff team and without you it wouldn't be the same. I don't want you to leave, but I think that you already did all thet you could for the community.

I still remember more than one year ago, when I passed the first step for beeing staff and you told me that the second step was a Skype call, I was terrified! :D After this, finally I arrived to my objective, be an staff member, and without your opportunity I wouldn't never achieved it.

Well, I don't know what more I can add, I have never been good saying goodbye, but sometime you have to say it.

Thanks for all that you did here, I hope a lot of luck in your life because you deserve it, and I hope that someday you comeback again, you will be always welcome!

We go way back to the good old days man, and as you said, the memories are countless. Thanks for all your help, I know you gave your hardest to help as much as you can.

I'm really sorry to see you go, even tho it's true, we can all see you can hardly spend any time here, school is more important after all and im sure we will all be happy to have you back anytime.

This is really shocking. After so many years being such an impotant part for this comunity I thought you would never leave. But I can also understand that you're tired after so many years of work. You've been a really important person of this comunity for lots of years, and I can say for all of us, thank you for everything you've done for this great comunity, for the users and staff members. You've earned all of our respect.

I remember when I first joined the staff, but... before that, came the application and the interview. I still can remember every word I said on the interview, I was kinda nervous, and you looked so much a chill person, I could appreciate that at the very first sentence you said, you were so calmed that even calmed me too. Then, I kept winning your trust and climbing through ranks, until I got GM+, at that moment, I completed all my goals in this comunity but also created even more. 

I don't know what else to add here, I just want to thank you for everything you've done for this comunity and for the users on it.  You've put so much effort on this comunity which will never be forgotten, and I know that everyone appreciate it as much as I do.

Hope to see you around and maybe back someday.

AdriStrike

Sad to see you leave man, as long as I have known you were manager. Sadly we didn't get a chance to knew each other well.(mostly because I am scared of you :P). Hopefully we will have a chance when you come back( I won't scared anymore B-)). 

I wish you the best of luck and God Speed ;)

It's funny, I was around to see you work your way up from being a Sponsor, then a builder for v1, all the way to being the network manager. Leaving is not an easy thing to come to terms with, but in the end it's your life and you can't let anything get in the way of that. Whether it be school or work, it's a priority. CraftersLand has been home to me as much as it's been to you so I completely understand where you're coming from. It's the memories that stay and you have plenty of those! 

You've done an incredible job with the staff, keeping the team in check without ever going over the top. Thank you for your passion and all the hard work you've put into making this community a better place. I absolutely loved hearing about your new servers and upcoming projects. Now, you've always been there for us, caring and understanding. Even when I messed up badly, you gave me another chance and trusted me with a position in the staff. I won't forget that.

They say respect is earned, you've definitely earned ours. I wish you the best of luck moving forward in life, be sure to keep in touch with the team and stop by to say hello whenever you're free. I hope one day you'll be back in the staff for more. :)

Take care. 

Wow... I dont know where to start, I know I mess up with our "friendship" even thought we didnt spoke as much I wanted. I hope you read the skype message I send you.

Just want to wish you the best in life and good luck out there, world can be a difficult pleace where to live.

Hope you still in contact with the community!

Hey warp, sad to see you leave temporarily! I can say that, because I know you will come back ;p Never really had the chance to talk to you, don't know if that is a good thing or not, haha. But honestly man, best wishes to you and thanks for all you have done to CraftersLand!

Archived