Crafter's Land Newsletter | June 2018

Yusixs

june-2018-newsletter_4.jpg

The second newsletter of Crafter's Land is here! As great as the previous newsletter was, this one is going to be even better since we've added a ton of new stuff throughout the month of June! Be sure to relax, take something to drink and enjoy reading the changes done throughout June. If you would like to see any improvements done to the newsletter, be sure to reply down below your ideas. With that said, let's get started!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TOP VOTER RANK

So, at the start of June, everyone was eager on the different prefix changes done next to my name. When they read "TopVoter" as the final prefix, everyone was excited that something new, something big, something MAGNIFICENT is coming to CraftersLand! A couple of hours later, this topic was posted and everyone started spamming the vote links on every server. Why so? Well, it's because the TopVoter rank is not only a cash reward, it's a completly new rank with a unique prefix, tons of commands and tons of vote and legendary keys awarded. Have a look for yourself :]
unknown.png

There's only 1 prerequisite to get this rank, you have to be the #1 voter of the month on the server. Only then you will get the rank (well it is called "Top" Voter after all ?)BUT! The rank will expire after 1 month so a new person can be chosen for TopVoter. A person can also be TopVoter for multiple months only if he gets to be the TopVoter of the month on all of them. Also, the money and keys you earn while being TopVoter will stay, only the rank and prefix will disappear. To learn about the entire command list and other stuff, Read more HERE

TOP VOTER WINNERS

It was an extremely close competition in some servers, with some people just losing the lead by 2-4 votes! Be sure to remember this, consistency matters. Even if you didn't vote the first day, if you remain consistent with voting on the rest of the 25-30 days, you're almost guaranteed to get TopVoter (in this round, no one voted for 30 days constantly, so yeah). If the winners want to keep their rank and win some money and keys again, be sure to keep on voting and remain the TopVoter! But beware, a lot of people will now vote on the server after they see you having the TopVoter prefix! With that said, congratulations to:

Direwolf20 1.12: Bad_Wolf_Bay
Direwolf20 1.7: Jovanc
Infinity: kaszanka_1234
Skyfactory 2.5: llaya
Skyfactory 3: Eyxx
Revelation: raalok
Network: RuisuMC
Tekkit: Itsakaseru

Enjoy your new rank in-game! (Will be applied shortly after I make this post!)

CONTENT CREATOR PROGRAM

Have you ever wanted to be a YouTuber? Have you ever wanted to make YouTube videos and get a reward for it aswell on CraftersLand? Well fear not as we have got you covered! This was one of the future plans listed in May and I am glad that we got this out much earlier than the day we had in mind! So this entire system is basically a "you help us, we help you" system. We want you to create content for Craftersland and in return, you will get a neat rank (depending on on your activity for posting Craftersland videos). This is how it's supposed to look:

unknown.png
unknown.png

As you may have noticed, there are 2 tiers of these ranks, normal and verified. The normal one expires after 7 days and gives you equal permissions as of a Premium rank. This is the first rank you get and you are only promoted to the next tier if you are consistent with videos and views (you need to discuss with @Henk or read the topic for more details). If you guys are interested in applying for the YouTuber or Twitch rank, we highly encourage you to apply! Read more HERE

NEW APPLICATION FORMAT

I honestly had this update in mind for more than a year....the previous application format seemed a bit too short. It encouraged players to write short answers somehow from what I've noticed. Long time ago I asked @Powerwarp (Retired manager) about making it better to which he agreed but there were some future plans and this sort of got buried ?. I took the initiative and brought this back up again. We spent exactly 2 weeks on this and this was the final result we came up with 

Spoiler

This application is for x,y,z You can only be picked for one, so list your preferred server to staff. (The first one being most preferred, the last one being the least.)
(If you can't imagine staffing for one or two of the servers listed above then don't mention them in the list below.)
1) 
2) 
3) 

Basic Information

Name: 
Minecraft Username: 
Country + Time Zone: 
Discord Name and ID*: 
Do you have a microphone?: 

Simple Questions

Can you join the forums everyday?: 
How long have you been playing on the Crafter's Land servers?: 
On average, how many hours do you play a day and during which part of the day?**: 
Have you read and understood the responsibilities of the position and permissions you receive with this rank?: 
On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Nothing and 10 Being Absolutely Everything, how well do you know the mods and contents of the Modpack?: 

Complex Questions

What can you offer us if you were chosen?: 
Have you ever been banned and if so, why?: 
A short description of your strengths and weaknesses: 
What is the one thing you can improve yourself upon?: 
What experience do you have as a staff member? Exemplify: 
What other modpacks/gamemodes have you played? Elaborate: 
Is there a mod in which you excel at, if so, which one and how?: 
Do you have a screen recorder? Are you willing to download and use one?: 
Where do you see yourself as a Crafter's Land staff member in the future?: 
What suggestions would you like to see from us and how can you help us improve the server?: 
How much do you know about the helper rank? Elaborate: (permissions, usage, principle/concept): 
What knowledge do you have of how the staff operate today (communication, coordination, activity)?: 

Scenarios

You see a player abusing a glitch, what do you do?: 
A player lost his items due to a server crash, what do you do?: 
How would you handle a situation if you got targeted by trolls?: 
A player is speaking a a foreign language in chat, what do you do?: 

*Mandatory
**You must live up to how many hours you say you will play. 

Please reply in BLUE

I honestly quite liked the final output, it has new fresh questions on the table which also encourages people to think outside the box. Though this new format has only been applied once yet for an applications topic but it's proven to give much more detailed applications than what we used to have before. To all of the members reading this, we higly encourage you to apply for staff, it's going to be a great experience you will never forget and you will meet tons of great people ?. Best of luck!

DIREWOLF20 1.12.2 UPDATE

I remember this update like it was yesterday....there was no server-pack available for this one. Brunyman tried to update it himself 2 times already but it never worked. No one was able to join the server for some reason. Anyhow I went and contacted FTB staff and turns out, they forgot to upload the serverpack update on curse :D! They were kind enough to give us a direct link though to which brunyman used to update the server..yet it didn't work. After a couple of hours worth of debugging we managed to find the issue and fix it accordingly. It was the disabled Portal gun mod which was causing the issue! 

Anyways, a ton of fixes were made in this update by the new mod updates but these are some of the server-side changes we had to do. If you are interested in reading the entire topic then Read more HERE

unknown.png

Some of the server side changes:
Updated modpack to 1.11.0
Updated mod configs on updated mods.
Re-applied patches to updated mods.
Better handling of chunkloaders to prevent them from loading unless the owner joins the server. (This will improve performance)
Portal Gun mod is now enabled. (Recipes with ender dust should work now)
Portal Gun item is restricted.

Server IP: dw.craftersland.net

REVELATION UPDATE

Honestly, this update was less of an update and more of an entire overhaul of revelation. Tons of mods were added and removed, it wasn't the same anymore but the FTB team envisioned this modpack to be all-purpose. They had to make some sacrifices to keep the modpack stable....this meant a lot of new fresh mods to be removed :(. But we are always looking forward and I am excited to see how this modpack goes, it's an all general-purpose modpack for 1.12 after all! If you want to read more about the update be sure to Read more HERE

unknown.png

Eitherway, this was the list of mods added and removed, I made it much neater than the one listed with all the weird numbers and stuff :P.

Mods added: Bloodmagic, Tinker Construct armory, Ender Core, EnderIO, Engineer Doors, Extra Rails, Fast Workbench, ForgeMultiPart, FTB Guides, Harvest, Industrial Wires, More Overlays, MrTJP Core, OpenBlocks, OpenModsLib, Project Red (Entire), RFTools Power, ShadowMC, Simply Jetpacks 2, Splash Animation, Thaumcraft 6, Thaumic Inventory Scanning, Thaumic JEI, Thermal Innovation, Translocators, Twilight Forest

Mods Removed: Advanced Rocketry, AE2 Stuff, Comforts, ElevatorMod, Gravestone, LibVulpes, LLOverlay Reloaded, Malisis Core, Malisis Doors, NuclearCraft, MobGrindingUtils, Whoosh

Server IP: rev.craftersland.net

ASSASSINS V2 UPDATE | PART 12

It's here!!! Part 12! We have yet another update for you guys related to assassins and this time we've added back the Hidden Blade into Assassins with an entire arsenal of guns to use!. Brunyman spent a lot of time and hard work to make this happen so be sure to thank him whenever you see him doing stuff on the server ?. New guns! New Fall Damage features! New back-end fixes and this wasn't the only update done in this month, there's also another one later down in the newsletter aswell! Here's the current change-log of this update. Read more HERE

New Guns and Trader! 

unknown.png

unknown.png

Changelog:

Added the following weapons: Poison Darts, Trip Mine, Smoke Bomb, Hidden Gun, Flintlock Piston, Musket, Rifle.
Improved soft landing block detection when you fall on the edge of the block of hay or leaves.
Implemented clan members and allies protection for guns damage.
Added hidden blade for sale at the gear trader at spawn.
Updated the resource pack and added weapons textures.
Added a new Gear Trader that sells the Grappling Hook.
Fixed getting fame when you kill yourself with arrows.
Implemented Grappling Hook plugin.
Updated the anti cheat to latest version.
Reduced fall damage while rolling by 3
Updated to latest spigot 1.12.2 build.
Updated essentials mysql extension.
Added Weapons Trader at spawn.
Update player data mysql bridge.
Implemented hidden blade code.
Reduced fall damage by 1.5
Updated essentials plugin.

CRAFTERSLAND LAUNCHER

I am so excited to announce this to you guys that we finally have our own launcher! (We had one years ago but it didn't work out) It took weeks of effort to get it done and I was extremely happy when I clicked on the "Create Topic" button and letting out a sigh of relief, knowing that I got this out sooner than later. It could've gotten out even sooner but I had some IRL issues which took priority first ?  . This launcher is designed to be tweaked for Craftersland, we have custom scripts, patch mods, optional mods, config changes done to every modpack listed in the launcher to ensure that you guys will have the best experience on the server, here is how the main window of the launcher looks:

unknown.png

Warning: Java 9 and Java 10 will not work for this launcher, please use Java 8 or lower!

The modpacks and news page is updated as soon as possible so that you guys will be updated regularly from what's going on in the community if you don't browse the forums frequently. There's also another major factor that this launcher is compatible for even cracked players! The list goes on and on with the special features of this plugin so I think it's best for you guys to check the entire topic out yourself, this was just merely a teaser for the list of features included in the launcher. Read more HERE

I've also heard rumors that the modpacks run faster on this launcher than the others, I haven't scientifically confirmed this myself but this is what I and others noticed too!

ASSASSINS V2 UPDATE | PART 13

You guys must've expected to get only 1 update per month!? No! This was something me and henk didn't expect either until brunyman made the topic. We knew that brunyman was going to work on more bugfixes and horses but we didn't expect it to be done this quickly ?. Major kudos to @brunyman for spending constant days and nights on working on the new features. This time, there's an entirely new Horses system with different tiers and villagers scattered around the entire map which sell them! Read more HERE

assassins%2520logo2.png&key=1495ca23db04

Changelog:

> Added 7 more horse traders around the map, with different mount types, explore to discover.
> Implemented Horses, re-coded the entire plugin with better features and effects.
> Added few more loot chests and updated some already placed.
> Fixed shopkeepers inventory title color from green to gold.
> Added mounts from low to Epic to chests loot tables.
> Implemented hide in leaves and hay blocks.
> Added vips groups permissions (Not complete).
> Added a Mount Trader at spawn.
> Fixed some map border issues.
> Updated some loot tables.

REVELATION UPDATE

It hasn't even been a day for this to come out and I even had to delay the newsletter just because of this. But no worries, as FTB staff have yet again added new mods to this pack! This time they have introduced Refined Storage and Reborn Storage for those people who tend to prefer this mod over Applied Energistics 2 :). I have already updated the Revelation pack on the launcher so feel free to play on the server.

unknown.png

The entire changelog of this is mostly mod updates, if you guys want to read on which mods have been updated then Read more HERE

NEW GUIDES

Randomly Crashing in Overworld fix [Direwolf 20 1.12]: Thanks to @vladantd for making a quick, easy and a wonderful guide for everyone who has been having crash issues related to the Industrial Foregoing mod. This mod at first crashed the entire server -which brunyman fixed- but it didn't stop the client-side crashes. In order to fix this, you guys need to either use the CrafterLand launcher's direwolf20 1.12.2 modpack or follow this guide if you are using another launcher. Read more HERE

Any future guides will be highlighted in upcoming newsletters. Be sure to create great ones!

PLAYER CREATIONS

Thanks to @llaya [LayaElisabeth] and @Lancelot for creating an awesome alternative for the annoying Enderdragon sounds we have to hear on the skyfactory sounds, instead of it just blasting your eardrums away ?, a soft sound is played but it's not just any soft sound, it a soft farting sound! Aweomse!........wat? We all have our tastes, some of you might find this hillarious while some of you will find it gross. But what we all can agree on is that it's a much much better replacement than the current god awful death sound of the dragon! Be sure to try it out for yourself if you play on our Skyfactory 2.5 server! Read more HERE

Thanks to @ViperBites and @TaraBites for showing us their lovely creations! Even though it's not built on CraftersLand, that doesn't matter. What matters is the effort placed by them when making this and for that, they deserve a spotlight over here for their creation. If you guys are interested to see what i'm talking about then be sure to Read more HERE

Any future creations will be highlighted in upcoming newsletters. Be sure to create great ones!

FUTURE IDEAS

• Acv2 minor bugfixes and launch
  • Network update and fixes (Includes an entire overhaul of network)
  • Update the entire Network fully to 1.12 (Fixes anti cheat issue)
  • Network Proxy rework
  • New modded server
  • New vanilla gamemode
  • Community-wide event

31 minutes ago, Yusixs said:

Thanks to @ViperBites and @TaraBites for showing us their lovely creations! Even though it's not built on CraftersLand, that doesn't matter. What matters is the effort placed by them when making this and for that, they deserve a spotlight over here for their creation. If you guys are interested to see what i'm talking about then be sure to Read more HERE

Any future creations will be highlighted in upcoming newsletters. Be sure to create great ones!

I would've posted a few more, but I lost the pictures ? I helped make an awesome village with a huge statue and houses and a huge wheat farm. I am SO sad I lost those :(

Archived